reno

Anyone looking forward to seeing this? Ive been keeping track with it the past year n half or so, so I will definitely be seeing it, maybe even tomorrow nights midnight showing. However, rating wise I have a feeling this movie will flop, or should flop. Im worried the plot/script is going to be too cliche n lame, just another transformers type of movie with great special effects. Hopefully Cameron proves me wrong, + they got me boy Sam Worthington

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/03/02/sam_worthington_in_terminator.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read most of the script, and yes, while the story/dialogue is not very good, I'm sure Cameron will make it in the very least an enjoyable movie.

The difference between this and Transformers 2 is that Cameron can handle action sequences coherently unlike Bay. The two should not even be compared.

I've read most of the script, and yes, while the story/dialogue is not very good, I'm sure Cameron will make it in the very least an enjoyable movie.

The difference between this and Transformers 2 is that Cameron can handle action sequences coherently unlike Bay. The two should not even be compared.

Of course it wont have a good script its not a drama type film like that

Look at Star Wars, an epic sci-fi film that has made history, and the script in that film is very bad, but its these type of films that dont need that. This film looks absolutely amazing visually, the best I've ever seen, and I know it will have a good story and it can change the visual part of cinema

And oh yeah, whoever compares this to Transformers is retarded

Of course it wont have a good script its not a drama type film like that

Look at Star Wars, an epic sci-fi film that has made history, and the script in that film is very bad, but its these type of films that dont need that. This film looks absolutely amazing visually, the best I've ever seen, and I know it will have a good story and it can change the visual part of cinema

And oh yeah, whoever compares this to Transformers is retarded

I never said it was supposed to have a great script or good dialogue. You have to admit the core of the story doesn't have an ounce of originality, but I don't think that hurts the movie. It's about the visuals here, and the story is solid enough to where it doesn't necessarily detract from the overall quality of the movie. I agree with you there.

And to be honest, some of the best scripts I've read aren't dramas. That has nothing to do with it.

Some of the negative imdb review headlines-

Visually Stunning...Plot Challenged

Christmas Turkey Comes Early

from entertaining your brains to entertaining your eyes

A Time Waster that Ain't Worth Your Time,

Cameron is back with a record budget, but his storytelling and dialog haven't improved.

"Titanic 2" - visually stunning with a super familiar story

Avatar - Recreating Abyss in Space

For some reason after the movie my eyes were killing me. Not sure if it was because of the 3d or whatnot.

Obviously it was wtf lol...

Your eyes are not hurting you and then you see a 2 hour 30 minute movie in 3D .... you think its because of the 3D? lololol