reno

Wow, you're the first I've seen give this a negative review. But I know it's a long [expletive] movie. So I could see how it might get boring to some people. I still need to go and see for myself though.

Yeah but that is just me. Dark Knight had A LOT of talking but it wasn't boring because it was entertaining as well...Avatar on the other hand had more than 2 hours of senseless talking. Most of the time they were just showing off the visuals. Its probably just me though since everyone else here seemed to enjoy it. It depends on your tastes.

If I could do that day over, I would probably rather have watched Sherlock Holmes.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how to feel about this movie exactly. It was obviously a visual masterpiece. It's going to set the bar for movies for years to come, yet if you took away the visuals, it wouldn't have been a very good movie at all.

After seeing this movie at first, I had a good impression. It felt like it was good. Every day since, as I reflect on the movie... it sucked. Sort of the opposite of something growing on you. This grew away from me, though I don't regret seeing it.

Everyone knows the visuals were good, but aside from that... nothing special. The acting was subpar, the story lacked originality, and the whole blue people world seriously lacked creativity. Other than the whole life networking thing, it didn't feel like a different planet whatsoever. The setting of the movie felt more like it was on some distant island, with blue indians, and new breeds of dogs, different types of flowers, and presently existing dinosaurs.

As in most alien movies, the intelligent life is horribly unimaginative. Seriously, do they always have to look so damn human-like?

I'm making it sound like I actually hated the movie, cause I didn't. I loved the visuals... just not the movie itself, if that makes any sense. I'll probably see it again sometime soon, just because it's only worth watching in theaters.

I don't know how to feel about this movie exactly. It was obviously a visual masterpiece. It's going to set the bar for movies for years to come, yet if you took away the visuals, it wouldn't have been a very good movie at all.

After seeing this movie at first, I had a good impression. It felt like it was good. Every day since, as I reflect on the movie... it sucked. Sort of the opposite of something growing on you. This grew away from me, though I don't regret seeing it.

Everyone knows the visuals were good, but aside from that... nothing special. The acting was subpar, the story lacked originality, and the whole blue people world seriously lacked creativity. Other than the whole life networking thing, it didn't feel like a different planet whatsoever. The setting of the movie felt more like it was on some distant island, with blue indians, and new breeds of dogs, different types of flowers, and presently existing dinosaurs.

As in most alien movies, the intelligent life is horribly unimaginative. Seriously, do they always have to look so damn human-like?

I'm making it sound like I actually hated the movie, cause I didn't. I loved the visuals... just not the movie itself, if that makes any sense. I'll probably see it again sometime soon, just because it's only worth watching in theaters.

i agree with you. the plot was nothing special and was very predictable. at the end i knew exactly what was going to happen next.

this was absolutely the coolest movie ive ever seen. but overall i would not rank it higher then some other good movies