Say What You Want...

MainEv3nt

The Mavs were my darkhorse pick to win it all during the offseason and it seems like so far this has been my only non-obvious prediction that has actually gone right, lol.

I really loved what they did in the offseason by picking up Marion. He is an ideal compliment to a finese power forward like Nowtizki. His defense, toughness, tenacity, rebounding and basketball IQ has been a perfect fit with the Mavs. I have always liked him and really like what he brings to the table from the small forward spot. His versatility is a wonderful addition to any team.

I really like the way that their roster is set up though. It has a great blend of defense, offense and high IQ players.

Nowitzki has always been one of my favourite players in the NBA and everybody knows how good he is, but like you said, you has really improved on the defensive end of the floor. Anybody that still calls him a liability at that end of the floor is either a hater or simply doesn't watch the Mavs play. He is definitely the best power forward in the league right now as far as I am concerned.

Jason Terry has continued his excellent play from last season and is looking like a front runner for Sixth Man of the Year again. The instant offense that he provides off of the bench is absolutely invaluable. He has really found a home in Dallas and he fits the role that is asked of him perfectly.

Jason Kidd has done everything that you could ask of him. He is obviously not the same player that he once was but he is still a very good floor general and leader. His impact tends to be very underrated now that he isn't putting up near triple double averages like he was back in New Jersey. I admit, I thought that Kidd was done, especially on the defensive end of the floor, but he has been having a solid season so far.

Anyways, enough rambling about how much I love the makeup of this team. Considering the Raptors have [expletive] the bed so far this season and don't look like they will be relevant in the East, I am definitely pulling for Dallas to win it all and get both Dirk and Kidd the rings that they deserve.

I kept saying that Dallas would be a top 5 team in the NBA this season and could be one of the few teams in the West who could stack up with the Lakers.

This team is nasty, they are the same basic crew that went to the Finals a few years back but since then they have added 2 all stars and a couple good role players and have a roster that can potentially go 9 deep.

I'm glad to see them playing this well again. I just hope this season doesn't end up like 2007 Playoffs. They're records are somewhat similar now as they were back in 2006 so I just don't want to be upset like that again. Otherwise, I'm very confident in this team.

The West is as deep as it's ever been this year, IMO. Other than the LAL, so many teams have a good shot at the Conference Finals. The Mavs and the Nuggets are ahead of everybody, but you never know what the Suns and the Spurs can manage. The Blazers could stick around, too, despite loosing Oden. And if Boozer can stop complaining and realize that he really does have a good situation working for him playing alongside the arguable best PG (or top 3, w/e you think), plus the second best 3pt shooting big man in the league to clear up the paint... the Jazz could wind up surprising some people as well.

I said before the year I really liked the Mavs and if they managed to get Gortat I would have loved their team even more. They are very talented and deep, and they have a lot of good veterans and they know what it takes to win. They also have Dirk who might be the toughest match up in the entire NBA.

I thought the Marion pick up in the off-season was huge for the Mavs, idk if he has been doing anything but I thought Marion would be a great glue guy for them even if he is making a bit more money than he should.

Would love to see the Mavs do well this year, I feel bad for Dirk when people call him a choker and what not because he is a top 5-10 player in the league and is an absolute stud.