Random Thread 2009

Not going to school tomorrow because of my sisters graduation..then no school Tuesday because I have no midterms scheduled..then my last day is Wednesday to take two midterms. Should be a chill week.

I have to take two finals... haven't taken any since 9th grade because I was exempt from all of them last year.

Basically if you show up to class and have Bs or better you don't have to take finals. Last year it was Cs or better, but I have two Cs in English and Spanish. At least on Friday I get to show up at like 1, so it'll kinda be like an off day. Thursday unfortunately is early in the morning, so I have to wake up like a normal day but I'm out of school in an hour and a half so I'll have the rest of the day

First of finals for me tomorrow.... gotta study for econ now after doing 82 problems for it haha and took a break and have astronomy exam tomorrow and gotta do all this other shiiet like exam reviews, busy busy [expletive] day tomorrow

Damn, if it was like that I would actually try to get good grades [Not that I don't already].

Yeah it's pretty sick, I think the only other HS in the nation that does that is one in Texas. It's really easy to be exempt.. it's basically show up and you don't have to take finals. Which means I don't have to worry about finals in math or history [even though I'd do good on them regardless]. And if you do decide to take finals, it can only help your grade.

I have to take two finals... haven't taken any since 9th grade because I was exempt from all of them last year.

Basically if you show up to class and have Bs or better you don't have to take finals. Last year it was Cs or better, but I have two Cs in English and Spanish. At least on Friday I get to show up at like 1, so it'll kinda be like an off day. Thursday unfortunately is early in the morning, so I have to wake up like a normal day but I'm out of school in an hour and a half so I'll have the rest of the day

That is bull[expletive], when I was in high school you had to have an A in a class for senior year only in order to be exempt. No matter what your letter grade was for any class between freshman-junior year, you had to take the final. I was only exempt from 2 of my 7 classes senior year...

This just adds to the fact that our school was strict as [expletive], it's ridiculous.

Edited by Gil-Zero

Yeah, we need an A- average in a class to exempt the exam. And even after that we can only exempt 1-2 total exams, depending on our GPA.

Well that's for every year. We could only be exempt senior year, and we needed an A, as in a 94% or higher.

My final exam privilege as a senior is that we only take exams for year long courses, I only have english and math all year...if an exam is not scheduled that day, we don't go to school, and if its only one exam, we can leave early or show up late depending on when the exam is. We might not have any finals either, as the previous years did not have finals, but the new principal is kind of a douche so who knows.

What sucks is that the math midterms is on my mind all the time. The second I walk into that room, I become a retard, no matter how much I study or pay attention, I can't do well on the tests, even when I completely understand what is going on. Other than that I am basically already on break.

Only cause the semester is ending and everyone hates finals. I have come to realize that I have no chance in my math final, even if I studied for the next 12 hours, I would still do bad. I quit.