Thunder get Eric Maynor

The Oklahoma City Thunder has acquired rookie point guard Eric Maynor in a trade with Utah, The Oklahoman has learned.

In exchange, the Thunder will send the draft rights to Peter Fehse, a 2002 second-round pick, to Utah. The deal, which is expected to be announced Tuesday night, will also bring Matt Harpring’s expiring $6.5 million contract to Oklahoma City, but the 33-year-old Harpring is out for the season after numerous ailments and surgeries deteriorated his performance.

To make room for Maynor and Harpring, the Thunder will release reserve guards Shaun Livingston and Mike Wilks.

Maynor, the 20th overall pick out of Virginia Commonwealth, is averaging 5.2 points, 3.1 assists and 1.5 rebounds in 14 minutes per game.

Link

Edited by Confidence

Trade was a contract issue for Utah obviously, good pick up for the Thunder definitely since they been looking at that back up PG role signing players like Wilks and others for that and couldn't get it done.

Oh and .... ERICK

I'm pretty sure his name doesn't have the "K" at the end. I should know. As someone who spells his name with a "K," I pay attention to these things. And Matt Harpring on Oklahoma City? Go Thunder! Though I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's waived outright.

I'm pretty sure his name doesn't have the "K" at the end. I should know. As someone who spells his name with a "K," I pay attention to these things. And Matt Harpring on Oklahoma City? Go Thunder! Though I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's waived outright.

It doesn't have a K, thats why I did it... wtf lol