Arenas alleged target of NBA gun probe

Legacy

Washington point guard Gilbert Arenas is being investigated by the NBA and the Wizards for possibly violating league rules for alleged possession of a firearm.

"The Washington Wizards have learned that Gilbert Arenas stored firearms in a locked container in his locker, unloaded and without ammunition," the Wizards said in a statement, responding to an inquiry by The Washington Times. "The Wizards organization and Arenas promptly notified the local authorities and the NBA, are cooperating fully with law enforcement during its review of this matter and will have no further comment at this time."

Source

I don't see the problem with him having a gun. He obviously didn't use it on anybody, and I doubt he ever even intended on doing so.

There's nothing wrong with owning a gun. The law says there is, but I say there isn't. Guns can be used as a weapon of self defense.

It actually puts true criminals in advantage when the law prohibits the common citizen from owning them. Guns don't keep criminals from obtaining them, but it does keep "good" people (for lack of a better word) from having them, and essentially, there are more "good" people than "bad" people in this world. If just half the people in the world owned a gun, and some dudes tried to rob, lets say for a scenario, a bank, and there were 100 people in there. Whatever number of criminals there are, there will be 50 guns pointing right back at them.

Edited by Poe

The image associated with a gun, and probably for a long time will be, is a thug. I don't think guns should ever become a common thing in society simply because how dangerous they are. Deaths could happen on accident. Forget to put your safety on or w/e. But anyways that [expletive] is for another topic.

Agent 0 to agent 007.

The image associated with a gun, and probably for a long time will be, is a thug. I don't think guns should ever become a common thing in society simply because how dangerous they are. Deaths could happen on accident. Forget to put your safety on or w/e. But anyways that [expletive] is for another topic.

Agent 0 to agent 007.

hahahaha I can see that catching on. :lol:

Anyway, these guns weren't loaded and clearly were not in the position to be used for violence... I don't know why the media is already making this a big deal. I'm seeing articles EVERYWHERE.... smh.

The image associated with a gun is a thug, but so are tatoos, yet tatoos aren't harmful. Hell, marijuana isn't even harmful and THAT is somehow illegal as well... and cigarettes and alcohol aren't.

Anyway, there are a lot of things that can be used to kill besides guns. Knifes, matches, etc. yet those aren't illegal. Why are guns so special? Because it's more accident prone to pull a trigger than light a building on fire (matches)? Then just make it so that people need an age restriction, proper training, and a license before usage. Just like cars. Accidents happen with cars, too.

Arenas released a statement earlier yesterday:

“I wouldn’t have brought them to D.C. had I known the rules,” Arenas told the newspaper. “After my daughter was born, I was just like, ‘I don’t need these anymore.”’

It's not a huge deal, the most he will receive is a fine.

Yeah, I don't see this as a big deal. He brought them unloaded in a locked container to security to have them take them to police because he didn't need them anymore. He's not a bad guy at all, we all know that. He just wasn't aware that you couldn't bring them into the arena even in a locked box.