Home page news articles

JWaLL

The last one was written on November 26th...

Maybe we should think about putting something else there in place of the old articles, because some members I have been trying to recruit lately have all, so far, asked why the homepage doesn't seem to be updated. I love the sidebars on the homepage, but those articles should probably be replaced with something else.

• Owner

For one, they weren't signing up when I was posting all the articles anyways, so that's not the case. Let's not start pointing fingers at things that make little to no difference when it comes to our problems with keeping members around here. If I remove that homepage altogether, 75% of you wouldn't notice.

As far as actually updating it goes, I've been gone since the beginning of December, pretty much. I haven't been to my house for weeks, which explains why roster pages aren't up, which explains why the remaining banners aren't up, and because I've been busy doing other things, it explains why the homepage isn't updated.

In the past, I have assigned five people to do it for me. This is on three different pages since probably two years ago. All five shut it down on their own, just stopped doing the work.

I have to post at least 20 times a day, approve registrations, update team records, update the homepage, finish roster pages, finish team pages, enter player data into the database, put up the rest of the banners, re-code the skin after our update coming up in a week, perform maintenance on the forums, and do many other things that I'd rather not do.

But yeah, it'll be updated soon, not a problem.

For one, they weren't signing up when I was posting all the articles anyways, so that's not the case. Let's not start pointing fingers at things that make little to no difference when it comes to our problems with keeping members around here. If I remove that homepage altogether, 75% of you wouldn't notice.

As far as actually updating it goes, I've been gone since the beginning of December, pretty much. I haven't been to my house for weeks, which explains why roster pages aren't up, which explains why the remaining banners aren't up, and because I've been busy doing other things, it explains why the homepage isn't updated.

In the past, I have assigned five people to do it for me. This is on three different pages since probably two years ago. All five shut it down on their own, just stopped doing the work.

I have to post at least 20 times a day, approve registrations, update team records, update the homepage, finish roster pages, finish team pages, enter player data into the database, put up the rest of the banners, re-code the skin after our update coming up in a week, perform maintenance on the forums, and do many other things that I'd rather not do.

But yeah, it'll be updated soon, not a problem.

I.... wasn't blaming anyone or pointing fingers. I was just pointing out. And the people I talked to so far haven't signed up yet, I'm talking to them via PM on other websites and so far 3 of them have asked about the homepage not being updated. There isn't any rush, and as I stated in my first post, it is difficult to manage a homepage where you must have articles almost daily. That is why I suggested we replace it with something that requires less updates so the website doesn't look dead.