Nets still in Boozer hunt?

http://it.nba.com/Portals/0/images/Carlos%20Boozer.jpg

Nets Still in Boozer Hunt?

July 3, 2009, 10:56 pm

Carlos Boozer surprised the Jazz by not opting out of his contract…as did Mehmet Okur. Kyle Korver, too. Now Utah has a tough choice: who to dump so they can bid for Paul Millsap. It’s not as much a problem next year as it is beyond that. So the Jazz might accept an expiring contract plus other enducements for Boozer. Jazz beat writer Ross Siler surveys the possibilities and thinks the Nets could be in the mix.

The Nets have a hole to fill alongside Brook Lopez and could explore signing Boozer as a free agent next summer. In the meantime, New Jersey has little to potentially offer the Jazz beyond a package of expiring contracts.

Link - http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_12750212

Personally, i think if we sign him then it's great for us, we still have money left for 2010 depending on the contract he takes with us if he does sign, although we won't sign a superstar in 2010, maybe it's better for us to build a strong overall team instead of banking on a superstar to change our franchise.. so far Cleveland hasn't won a title with James and arguably have a better supporting cast now then what we could give him so i say we sign Boozer and try and snatch a player like Johnson in 2010.

Thoughts?

hed be a good fit there imo, but hes also hit or miss sometimes

Yeah true..

I trust what Rod Thorn does and follow the decisions but i still think if signing him can also give us room to sign in 2010 then go for it.