Chad Ford.. is nuts!

BOB (Cleveland)

Any chance the the Rumors of the Cavs trading for Kevin Martin are accurate?

Chad Ford

(1:13 PM)

Not quite yet. The Kings are still convinced Tyreke Evans is a point guard and the he and Kevin Martin can play together. I don't see it. Both are scoring guards who need the ball in their hands to be effective. I think they'll eventually relent. I don't think Martin's a great fit for Cleveland. He doesn't play any D and isn't a big need. Minnesota might be a better fit. Last week I talked about a potential Martin for Rubio swap. Here's another idea. Martin for Al Jefferson.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/30108

Martin can score, but he doesn't play defense that well. I'd prefer to wait until the draft to get a perimeter shooter..

I honestly wouldnt mind shipping Al out since he doesnt seem to fit the team. But not for Martin.

Centers of Al J's caliber are rare. The T'Wolves need to do what they can to keep him and add talent that works better for him.

Edited by Poe

The problem for Al is that his defense is still lacking and the triangle needs a big man that can or is willing to pass. It has been reported that Al is trusting the triangle much more right now than during the pre-season, though. If we move Al, we always have Kevin Love that is always willing to pass, score and rebound. That leaves a huge hole in the center position, unless Hollins plays consistently.. or Pekovic comes in during the off-season. Like I said, Kevin Martin isn't great at the defensive end, but great when it comes to perimeter shooting. I'd prefer to get someone like Turner. NBAdraft.net has him compared to Roy. I just hope that the injury to Turner won't slow him down.

Edited by Lone Wolf

Centers Power forwards of Al J's caliber are rare. The T'Wolves need to do what they can to keep him and add talent that works better for him.

The Wolves will eventually need to ship out one of their power forwards who don't mesh together and get some range and athleticism on the team.

Jefferson and Wilkins for Martin and Thompson sounds like it could work. If I'm the Wolves, I'd want Thompson or Casspi coming back the other way.