Hawks to protest shot clock mishap

Cobb

Source: ESPN.com

They sure would like an explanation as to why their team was the victim of an egregious shot-clock malfunction that prompted coach Mike Woodson to announce that the Hawks would file an official protest with the league office over their 106-101 loss to Cleveland on Wednesday night.

I'm curious to see what will happen. I wonder if they'll do what they did back a few years ago when they played the Heat and Shaq was called for his sixth foul and he only had five. For those who don't remember, the next time the Hawks played the Heat they replayed the game from that point on.

Edited by CobbFC09

:(

I vaguely remember that.

Anyways, that's not the Hawks fault.

Its the scorekeeps fault, which is whos fault it is in Cleveland for the shot clock malfunction. Same thing. :lol:

Also, don't forget when they straight up forgot to count a basket by TJ Ford as well. I don't think that it directly cost the Raptors the game, but it definitely had a huge impact on the game.

Karma's a [expletive], Hawks fans. :lol:

Seriously though, you hate to see stuff like this happen, regardless of whether or not it helps or hurts your favourite team.

Its the scorekeeps fault, which is whos fault it is in Cleveland for the shot clock malfunction. Same thing. :lol:

Also, don't forget when they straight up forgot to count a basket by TJ Ford as well. I don't think that it directly cost the Raptors the game, but it definitely had a huge impact on the game.

Seriously though, you hate to see stuff like this happen, regardless of whether or not it helps or hurts your favourite team.

Either way we would've lost the game so I'm not worried. I'd just like for them to at least realize they got it wrong. When the officials were discussing it half of them didn't even realize what happened, which isn't a good thing.

The game should be replayed, anytime the shot clock does not reset or malfunctions, play from that point on does not count. Thats the NBA rules. I seriously doubt it gets replayed, I heard the same thing happened to the Bucks a few games ago in Cleveland where the clock didnt reset for them, but I just read that somewhere not sure if its true.

Haha. You're definitely right, I wasn't as happy as I usually am when we won that game against the Raptors. But it worked out for the best, because if we would have lost that game, I'm not sure if we would have made playoffs and pushed Boston to Game 7.

Anyway, I really hope that the league replays the game back to this. This game was probably the most rigged NBA game I have seen. The refs were giving the Cavs every call on the offensive end and the Hawks got nothing on the other end. To add in this shot clock situation, makes me really think if the NBA is somewhat rigged. The Hawks were as aggressive as the Cavs, if not, more aggressive than them but still didn't get the whistles the Cavs got. The Hawks played a lot better than the Cavs that game and they should have won that game.