Iverson Was Enjoying Retirement

Pooh25

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Iverson_Allen_phi_091206.jpg
Allen Iverson was starting to enjoy retirement before he opted to end his brief hiatus and sign with the 76ers. Iverson told Yahoo! Sports that he'd likely still be back home in Atlanta if Philadelphia hadn't come calling.

"Retirement was the best for me," said Iverson, who was only officially retired for about a week.

"[Philadelphia] is the only thing that could have brought me back, to play in this situation right here. I felt like I was having the time of my life.

"I always thought that once I gave the game up that it would be miserable for me and I thought about how I would miss it. But at the time that I was out, I didn’t miss it because my family took over all of that. Just being there with my family every day, being able to see my kids and my wife whenever I felt like it, it was a great feeling to me.

"No obligations. No media. None of that type of stuff. It was a good feeling, man."

Via Yahoo! Sports

--

Discuss.