How Is It...

MainEv3nt

Because Gilbert had the guns on workplace property. Delonte was just riding around in Maryland and he's apparently still being investigated.

I can't believe people are suggesting that Gilbert should be banned for LIFE from the NBA for this. Ron Artest punched multiple PAYING FANS after jumping into the stands, Stephen Jackson shot 5 bullets in the air outside of a fight club, Delonte West, as you mentioned, had multiple loaded guns and a shotgun in a guitar case, and Sebastian Telfair had a loaded gun on a plane.

None of the mentioned players received a punishment near what Gilbert is expected to receive. Gilbert isn't a thug, nor did he threaten anyone or put anyone in any danger. He's a goofball who used bad judgement to turn a joke into a minor punishable act.

Because Gilbert had the guns on workplace property. Delonte was just riding around in Maryland and he's apparently still being investigated.

I can't believe people are suggesting that Gilbert should be banned for LIFE from the NBA for this. Ron Artest punched multiple PAYING FANS after jumping into the stands, Stephen Jackson shot 5 bullets in the air outside of a fight club, Delonte West, as you mentioned, had multiple loaded guns and a shotgun in a guitar case, and Sebastian Telfair had a loaded gun on a plane.

None of the mentioned players received a punishment near what Gilbert is expected to receive. Gilbert isn't a thug, nor did he threaten anyone or put anyone in any danger. He's a goofball who used bad judgement to turn a joke into a minor punishable act.

exactly. plus arenas guns wont loaded.

Mike if you brought a gun (loaded or unloaded) to your place of work what would happen?

of course id get in trouble. im jus wondering why no1 else got in trouble for stuff they done in the nba or why havent javaris got in trouble.

I see where the leguage is coming from in one aspect but banning him indefinitely is absurd..

Absolutely not, he has a gun at the workplace, the only purpose a gun has is to murder someone, this is NOT the same level as Ron Artest punching someone. If you bring a firearm to almost any job in America then you will be fired and never allowed to work for the company again. And this is all for great reasons. Sometimes we tend to forget that the NBA is still a job and career for the people involved, not just a form of entertainment for us and they should be held to the same standards (IMO should be higher in many cases) as the rest of us.

I also think that his excuse of not wanting it to be at home because of his child is a pretty bad one. He is a multimillionaire and can afford a secure lock box in his house (since i am sure he bought it for home protection... what good is it doing in his locker?). I am no where near a multimillionaire but was able to afford ($750) a gun lock box that requires a key, password and my own fingerprint that my child will never be able to get into without my knowldge, unless she figures out the code and drugs me to steal my key and cut my finger off.

Also id like to point out that DC has some very strict gun laws and Arenas will be lucky if he just gets fired from the Wizards and banned from the NBA.

Edited by bravenewworld

As Mike said, whats going to happen to Javaris? I understand a Season, or maybe even a full 365 day year but forever that's bogus. I understand if i bring a gun to my work place my career im going to get in trouble. what about players coming to 'work' stoned, and [expletive] like that. I think they should have some kind of hearing or something but FOREVER come on man, GTFOH.

As Mike said, whats going to happen to Javaris? I understand a Season, or maybe even a full 365 day year but forever that's bogus. I understand if i bring a gun to my work place my career im going to get in trouble. what about players coming to 'work' stoned, and [expletive] like that. I think they should have some kind of hearing or something but FOREVER come on man, GTFOH.

Really?

I don't think you are considering what actually happened here. First off, you cannot compare bringing a gun to work as the same as being high at work. When youre high your work performance suffers. If you actually use a gun then you have the ability to kill many many many people, huge difference here and not comparable at all. Second, depending on what information is going to come out, Arenas could be looking at some serious prison time for all of this. He may not need to worry about an NBA ban because he will be in prison for the extent of it, yes, it is that serve.

In DC the minimum punishment for having an unloaded handgun outside of your house is 5 years, no parole. If they can prove it was loaded at any point outside of the home.... gone...

Edited by bravenewworld

Delonte isn't joking about the topic of guns and he certainly isn't asking the media for an apology. He shut his mouth.

When you hear Arenas laugh about it like it's not even serious, you question how sane he really is. Not to mention, he willingly mimics a gun with his hands during a game......you talk about stretching it.

So why is Gil being punished? Gil has handled everything the wrong way, whereas Delonte has handled everything the right way.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest