Trevor Ariza "I'm not a greedy person"

Ariza is a role player, I would be surprised if he can elevate himself into a star status. It's not happening... this is not a good signing for Houston. With Yao out most of season, they're not going to contend for a championship... why use all MLE to get a role player?

Because they are trying to get younger and Arizs was the best player willing to sign with us. He's only 24 years old getting a bigger role on a team where he is going to be able to take more shots. Somewhere along the lines he is going to learn how to create his own offense. He's quick, can take it to the rim and can shoot threes. He's also working on his guard skills this offseason so I expect him to be a better ball handler. Ariza can run to, which what it looks like Houston is going to be doing next season.

It's no coincidence all the clear lanes and paths to the basket, open threes were assisted... because teams focused their defense on Kobe and Pau. I want to see the percentage of his baskets... how many of them were assisted, I bet it's high.

Ariza can stop and pop a little bit, but it's not really within his range of arsenal... for all game long, he can't do that. Without Yao, without T-Mac/ Artest, you're going to see him have to create more... it's going to be ugly imo...

At least you still have Brooks who can penetrate and kick out to him... I mean I hope he has a great career, I'm not a Ariza hater, but I don't see it happening. His talent is role player-ish... someone who did not shine as much like Shannon Brown has higher ceiling than Ariza imo.