Eagles Offseason Thread

Tough loss, but wtv. I'm used to it.

So let's get right into things.

We have a lot of needs to address, mainly defense. We get Stew Bradley back next year to go along with Witherspoon, so that's a plus. But we still need another LB, unless you think Akeem Jordan cuts it. Also not sure how well Bradley will play coming off that injury.

We need a safety, Sean Jones sucks, Demps and Harris haven't proven much.

We need another cornerback to go along with Samuels and Brown, both of whom have been terrible recently.

We need another DE to pair up with Trent Cole who can actually provide some pressure.

Offensively, we have holes as well. I think Westbrook is done. We need another RB to pair up with McCoy, who has been impressive. Weaver is awesome as well, a priority to resign this offseason.

As for the offensive line, I definitely see areas we can improve on. Especially since JJ probably won't be playing next year. If the Andrews brothers can actually suit up and play, that'll be big for us. But you can't count on them. I like Peters, Justice, and Herremans, but everywhere else can be upgraded. Add center to that list since JJ is out.

Coming into the draft, currently we have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds (we have Seattle's 3rd round pick). I'm not sure what the consensus is on this, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Donovan traded for picks after the recent disaster. I wonder what we can get for him. I also wonder what we can get for Vick, who I doubt comes back next year.

Hopefully we draft smart this year. With our first 4 picks, I wouldn't mind a combination of DE/LB/S/CB or OT. Fill in the rest of the needs through free agency.

I'm wondering what you guys think about trading Donovan. I'm sure there will be rumors flying around by draft time.

On one hand, he is the most proven QB on our roster if your comparing him to Kolb and Vick. He probably does give us the best chance to win next year. On the other hand, he isn't getting any younger, he isn't getting any better. The majority of our roster is very young, the entire offense if basically a youth movement. If the management has as much confidence in Kolb as they say they do, why not let the young guy play.

I dunno, I'm kind of mixed. I think if we can somehow get a 1st for Donovan he's definitely gone. Would you guys trade him for a 2nd or a 3rd?

As I said earlier I dont think McNabb seems comfortable with Vick. I dont think the Eagles have any intentions of keeping him for next season, he is clearly not the same threat that he was a few seasons ago. Idk that's just me, Eagle fans probably know more about the situation.

Vick most likely won't be back.

It's not a given that Donovan will be back either.

i dont see any way that vick comes back. the eagles arent going to pay a backup QB 5 million dollars (or something like that).

and im mixed about donovan. i would be surprised if he didnt come back, and i think it would be the right choice for the eagles. for now

I have a feeling McNabb is back as well, at least that's the impression I got from Andy's press conference. He will be burned at the stake over the next few weeks because of these last 2 games, and rightfully so, but being realistic this team's window to win is right now and Donovan McNabb still gives them a better shot to win than whoever they could possibly bring in to replace him. Most Eagles fans don't want to hear it, but that is the truth.

How about we start by shoring up the front 7 on defense, particularly the linebackers, getting a safety, and getting a running back to team with McCoy. I think it's all but certain that B-West is a goner.

I have a feeling McNabb is back as well, at least that's the impression I got from Andy's press conference. He will be burned at the stake over the next few weeks because of these last 2 games, and rightfully so, but being realistic this team's window to win is right now and Donovan McNabb still gives them a better shot to win than whoever they could possibly bring in to replace him. Most Eagles fans don't want to hear it, but that is the truth.

How about we start by shoring up the front 7 on defense, particularly the linebackers, getting a safety, and getting a running back to team with McCoy. I think it's all but certain that B-West is a goner.

Is it?

DMac is the best option currently, but is the team built to win NOW? It seems to me like most of our key players are very young. I think we're a team built for the future.

I too, am mixed on the Donovan situation.

Is it?

DMac is the best option currently, but is the team built to win NOW? It seems to me like most of our key players are very young. I think we're a team built for the future.

I too, am mixed on the Donovan situation.

Well I think this is a team that CAN win right now if the right adjustments are made, and for the next handful of years, I don't see a better option at QB than Donovan. But at the same time, it makes no sense to give him a big extension at this age, and potentially lose Kolb next year when he has been groomed as the replacement. So yeah it is a very sticky situation and I am mixed as well, I just think that for now Donovan still gives us the best chance to win on a regular basis.

Would you want Michael Vick back for another year?

Yes.

But it's not smart financially to keep him around since his contract goes up to 5 or 6 million next season. We all know how stingy management is with money. I doubt they keep such a salary on the payroll when he averages like 4 snaps per game.

The only way I see him coming back is if he agrees to a paycut. If Donovan is traded there may be a slight possibility.

Edited by Artesticle

I think the smartest thing for the Eagles to do is to trade McNabb n Vick for a bunch of picks and make this team young. Kolb has proven he can play n this would give this team a [expletive]load of talent going forward. They can win now but it's unlikely because Reid sucks and McNabb has been bad in big games but maybe I'm wrong afterall ppl were wrong about Romo.

Saftey and O-Line should be our main priorities.

I'm kinda undecided as far as McNabb goes.

And on a side note, Jeremy Maclin is awesome..he showed alot of heart. Glad he fell to the Eagles.

And on a side note, Jeremy Maclin is awesome..he showed alot of heart. Glad he fell to the Eagles.

i absolutely agree. he was one of few players who showed heart, even when the game was well over. i cant wait to see him once he gets some more experience. he is gonna be good

and i am mixed on donovan. part of me wants him to stay, as he gives us the best chance to win right now. the problem with him staying is that kolb is gonna start to get pissed. im not sure how many years kolb has left in his contract, but i think its about time for him to play.

the other option would be to trade mcnabb (i dont know much about kolb, but this is assuming reid thinks that he can be a successful NFL quarterback). first off this will get you some players or picks. its not gonna be a ton, but should get something. i think this team still has quite a few years to win with many young players at key positions. putting kolb in now may not give you the best chance to win this year, but it gives him time to learn with desean and maclin and sets you up for a lot of success for many many years to come.

every day i am leaning more and more to trading mcnabb and letting kolb play. draft a safety and get some free agents to fill gaps and this team will be in the superbowl race for many years to come. im very excited for the future of this team

Like I said before, I think this team is built for the future. Most of the key pieces on this squad are youngsters, especially on offense. I just don't see how Donovan fits in. Sure, he gives us the best chance to win NOW, but I think this team's best chance to win isn't next year, but a couple of years down the road. If Kolb is as impressive as management says he is, I think it's just time to let him play. Otherwise we basically wasted another 2nd round pick, and gave away Anthony Spencer (who killed us) for absolutely nothing.

I love Donovan and everything that he's given us, but if we can get a high draft pick for him, I'd probably trade him. I wish Reid would leave as well, but it's not possible. With guys like Runyan, Thomas, Dawk leaving last year, question marks surrounding Westbrook and his future, Trotter most likely gone, it seems like it's time for a new direction.

Edited by Artesticle

all from the first post

We have a lot of needs to address, mainly defense. We get Stew Bradley back next year to go along with Witherspoon, so that's a plus. But we still need another LB, unless you think Akeem Jordan cuts it. Also not sure how well Bradley will play coming off that injury.

i like bradley a lot. him and witherspoon are perfect for this defense, i think that the eagles will just plug in someone they have for the other spot. jordan, fokou or someone like that. i doubt they sign or draft anyone major

We need a safety, Sean Jones sucks, Demps and Harris haven't proven much.

We need another cornerback to go along with Samuels and Brown, both of whom have been terrible recently.

jones does suck. he cant tackle. all of those guys are good nfl backups, not starting safeties. im hoping that there is a good safety to take in the first round

and i havent had much problem with the cornerbacks. i think the poor safety play makes samuel and brown look much worse then they actually are.

As for the offensive line, I definitely see areas we can improve on. Especially since JJ probably won't be playing next year. If the Andrews brothers can actually suit up and play, that'll be big for us. But you can't count on them. I like Peters, Justice, and Herremans, but everywhere else can be upgraded. Add center to that list since JJ is out.

the o-line does need some work, reid is usually very good at handling this. its one of few positions that i trust him to fix

Edited by fly3rs18

Obviously this is author is on crack but..

http://sportales.com...eaded-to-49ers/

The fans cry "Finally!"

Donovan Mcnabb Headed to 49ers

he Philadelphia Eagles have finally had enough. For over a decade, quarterback Donovan McNabb has been one of the most consistand performers in the NFL… and an absolute bust in the post season. Year after year, Donovan McNabb has led the Eagles to the NFL playoffs, including a trip to the Super Bowl and numerous NFC championship games. And year after year Donovan McNabb has failed to deliver a Super Bowl Championship to the city of Philadelphia.

The fans in Philadelphia gave up on Donovan McNabb years ago, more so this year when Kevil Kolb performed remarkably well in his stead. The reins are being passed to Kolb now. McNabb should be a good fit in San Fransisco, providing veteran leadership for a young team that boasts a solid young recieving corps and running back Frank Gore.

Details of the trade have not been released, but the Philadelphia Eagles appear to be recieving quarterback Alex Smith and Several draft picks, with only Donovan McNabb heading to San Fransisco.

Obviously this is author is on crack but..

http://sportales.com...eaded-to-49ers/

The fans cry "Finally!"

Donovan Mcnabb Headed to 49ers

he Philadelphia Eagles have finally had enough. For over a decade, quarterback Donovan McNabb has been one of the most consistand performers in the NFL… and an absolute bust in the post season. Year after year, Donovan McNabb has led the Eagles to the NFL playoffs, including a trip to the Super Bowl and numerous NFC championship games. And year after year Donovan McNabb has failed to deliver a Super Bowl Championship to the city of Philadelphia.

The fans in Philadelphia gave up on Donovan McNabb years ago, more so this year when Kevil Kolb performed remarkably well in his stead. The reins are being passed to Kolb now. McNabb should be a good fit in San Fransisco, providing veteran leadership for a young team that boasts a solid young recieving corps and running back Frank Gore.

Details of the trade have not been released, but the Philadelphia Eagles appear to be recieving quarterback Alex Smith and Several draft picks, with only Donovan McNabb heading to San Fransisco.

he is absolutely on crack.

• 3 weeks later...