Rumor: Kurt Warner May Retire Following Playoffs

The Regime

According to ESPN.com, sources close to Kurt Warner claim he is seriously considering retirement following completion of this year's playoffs. Kurt's Arizona Cardinals take to the field later today (4:40PM ET on FOX) against the Green Bay Packers.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/323446-rumor-kurt-warner-may-retire-following-playoffs

The Niners are up and coming and the Seahawks will play better football under Caroll, Leinart is in for a tough task if he has to replace Warner next season. I think just having high expectations is going to put alot of pressure on him, and eventually he'll collapse.

Edited by Confidence

The Niners are up and coming and the Seahawks will play better football under Caroll, Leinart is in for a tough task if he has to replace Warner next season. I think just having high expectations is going to put alot of pressure on him, and eventually he'll collapse.

With Boldin, Fitz, Wells, and Breaston as your primary weapons, I could succeed as the Cardinals QB.

Good, go ahead and sit down, Kurt. Besides, you look goofy out there scrambling. Time for Matt to shine anyway. At least he is waiting until after the playoffs, though. Whatever decision he makes, he was great to watch and the best of luck with you and your family.

Matt's had plenty of chances to succeed. He was a day one starter when Kurt was perceived as a terrible quarterback on the down spiral of his career. He blew that. He had a chance with the assorted injuries Kurt had. He blew those.

He looked just terrible against Green Bay, and his only actual satisfactory game came against Tennessee, where he failed to put away the Titans in the fourth quarter, throwing awful pass after awful pass.

If the Cardinals have a chance to pull the trigger on a guy like Bradford, if he falls, then I'd do it. Leinart's not the future.