Spurs ($10,185,572)

Wizards ($8,658,888)

Nuggets ($5,490,379)

Suns ($4,887,977)

Jazz ($4,858,225)

Hornets ($3,331,809)

Heat ($2,817,658)

Rockets ($2,611,747)

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63943/20100110/lakers_among_14_teams_that_owe_luxury_tax/

The Knicks have come a long way in a few short years. I mean just a few years ago, they were over the luxury limit by $40 million at the very least (although the number might have been over 50, even). And next off-season they'll be under the cap for the first time in a long time.

I think by the end of the season these teams

Jazz ($4,858,225)

Hornets ($3,331,809)

Heat ($2,817,658)

Rockets ($2,611,747)

Will be under the luxury cap. Maybe not the Jazz if they intend on competing, but I think the others there are more likely than not going to trade away a few players for picks or trade kickers to get under the luxury line.

The Knicks have come a long way in a few short years. I mean just a few years ago, they were over the luxury limit by $40 million at the very least (although the number might have been over 50, even). And next off-season they'll be under the cap for the first time in a long time.

I think by the end of the season these teams

Jazz ($4,858,225)

Hornets ($3,331,809)

Heat ($2,817,658)

Rockets ($2,611,747)

Will be under the luxury cap. Maybe not the Jazz if they intend on competing, but I think the others there are more likely than not going to trade away a few players for picks or trade kickers to get under the luxury line.

I think the Jazz are likely to fall below the luxury line following this season. With Boozer undoubtedly leaving the team to test free agency, along with plenty of other expiring role players, I'm positive they'll be in a much more comfortable financial position.

With T-Mac expiring, the Rockets are definitely a no-brainer as far as teams who will no longer be over the luxury tax.

However, I think you should put the Wizards into that list. With the high chance of Gilbert's contract being voided, our team's desire to trade Caron and Antawn for expirings, AND with our many upcoming free agents in which most will not be resigned in order to make salary space, I can see us not only going under the luxury line, but becoming a player in the 2010 free agency and having more than enough money to sign a max contract player in addition to another semi-star player.