Eric Gordon makes the most out of his shots

Dash

At least compared to the rest of the top 10 picks in the 2008 draft.

Derrick Rose: 18.5 points per game, 7.7 shots made out of 16.8 attempts on average (45.8%).

Michael Beasley: 15.9 points per game, 6.3 out of 13.8 (45.4%).

OJ Mayo: 18.3 points per game, 7 out of 15.2 (46.2%).

Russell Westbrook: 16.3 points per game, 5.8 out of 14.6 (39.9%).

Kevin Love: 15.4 points per game, 5.3 out of 11.4 (46.7%).

Danilo Gallinari: 14.5 points per game, 4.7 out of 10.9 (43.2%).

Eric Gordon: 17.3 points per game, 5.7 out of 12 (47.8).

Joe Alexander: Er...

DJ Augustin: 5.7 points per game, 1.8 out of 4.9 (38%).

Brook Lopez: 18.6 points per game, 6.8 out of 13.9 (48.5%).

Extremely efficient player, he's going to special some day.

He is also owns the sixth best field goal percentage among guards who average 15 ppg or more. The players above him? Brandon Roy, Tony Parker, Louis Williams, Deron Williams, Chris Paul and Steve Nash...in that order.

Edited by Dash

I always said he would be good, on another forum I forget which, I said keep him in mind last year for rookie of the year because I thought he was gonna light it up. Kid is just a scorer flat out. 48% is pretty solid though. I always thought Gordon was somewhat of a chucker, but he must be getting inside and getting high percentage looks to be shooting that well.

It's great to see an efficient scorer early in a player's career. The problem with some rookies/sophs are that they don't know what are good shots and what are bad shots and while passing could lead to a shot that would go in 80-90% of the time, they would decide to shoot a shot that would go in 50-60% of the time and that lead to less playing time. To get rid of that problem is great news and Gordon has a bright future ahead of him.

Off topic but sad to see D.J scoring drop to just a mere 5.7 points and that he is not making the most out of his shots. :(