Your thoughts on the sophomore class?

Dash

I know its been only a year and a half since the draft but post some your early thoughts on how the sophomores have been this season.

I have been a tad disappointed in Derrick Rose this season but he did lose the only other offensive threat besides himself and Luol Deng. The only other keeper on this team is just Joakim Noah. He just has to much of a load to carry and its breaking him. He's not a first option and won't he won't ever be. That doesn't mean he won't be a great player though. He has all the tools to be a great defensive player and should focus on developing that end of his game this season...cut back on the turnovers and he should be fine.

That said, I think the 2008 class was overrated in a way. The top three picks could turn out to be sidekicks not superstars like they were made out to be draft night. We've been over Rose, Beasley has improved but I don't see him ever becoming a leader, and it is debatable between Gay and Mayo but Rudy...although Mayo has been tearing it up lately (Bulls, Heat and Grizzlies fans may have better insight on this subject). I'm not trying to bag on any of those guys but imo Eric Gordon could very well become the most gifted player in the draft class.

I think this draft was great, lot's of good players who I think will be contributors down the road for a long time. Like you said though I doubt any player here is going to be a superstar besides maybe Rose, everyone else seems like they will be the 2nd fiddle guy. That could definitely change though if they catapult.

But look, everyone in the lotto, besides Alexander I believe, is getting decent minutes on their team or is still in the league, and expected to be contributors on their teams long term. Then you have Speights, Randolph, Hickson, Batum, Courtney Lee, Ryan Anderson, George Hill, Donte Greene, DeAndre Jordan who all look at least decent who weren't in the lotto. I just think this draft was really deep in terms of quality players, but lacks the star power to be realized as a great draft class. They should definitely smash the rookies in the game though, lol.