Andray Blatche Suspended One Game

JWaLL

The Wizards held a brief practice on Monday, with Flip Saunders reduced to only eight available players. They were already without Gilbert Arenas (suspended indefinitely) and Javaris Crittenton (excused leave of absence). Then, Brendan Haywood, Caron Butler and DeShawn Stevenson had to speak with law enforcement authorities about Arenas's gun possession case and the details surrounding the Dec. 21 dispute between Arenas and Crittenton. Mike Miller was limited because of his sore right calf and to top it off, Andray Blatche was kicked out of practice and suspended for tomorrow's game against the Detroit Pistons for conduct detrimental to the team.

If it's not one thing, it's another with these Wizards, who are dealing with some distraction on a daily basis. Saunders wouldn't elaborate much on the suspension, but it was based on his behavior during Sunday's 115-110 loss to New Orleans. Blatche had zero points, three rebounds and three turnovers in almost 17 minutes. After the game, Blatche dressed, went to Randy Foye's locker and sprayed himself down with Foye's cologne. Head athletic trainer Eric Waters approached Blatche and asked him to head to the training room. Blatche responded, "Do I look like I care about my knee?"

That incident was not the reason for the suspension, according to a Wizards spokesperson, but it is not good for a team that continues to deal with more and more adversity. "It's already been too much," Antawn Jamison said after practice.

On a positive note, Earl Boykins's contract was guaranteed for the remainder of the season.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/01/another-day-another-drama-for.html

At this point all I can do is laugh at how dysfunctional our team is. :lol: