Would you make the Bosh/Bynum trade?

Real Deal

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i dont really see this working but so much for lakers.

yes on paper it seems amazing but honestly, pau gasol was kinda complaining about the touches he was getting now, he prob get even more less touches if bosh come. also defensively bosh-pau front court seems kinda weak. if pau gasol gets hurt, who gonna play center then, mbenga? if he starts at c whos gonna be backup?

but on toronto i think this deal will work wonders, a front court of bynum an bargani could be good.

Pau, Artest, Kobe, Odom, and Bosh on one team? That's a legendary team and Bosh has a lot of future to build around, so it's not like you're adding another old player on the decline.

For the Raptors, Bosh is leaving anyways because he wants what Wade and LeBron have, a contending team, so you might as take Bynum. He's so young yet he's so experienced. What is he 22? And he won a ring starting at center for LAL?

• Owner

Bynum is no better defensively than Bosh is, doesn't matter the position they play. Bynum has been a mess on defense, and his production on offense is only significant when Gasol is injured.

Gasol complained about touches, yet he should realize he's never taken over 15 shots a game in any season of his career, including the days he was in Memphis by himself. He fixed his problem, though, with his offensive rebounding.

I think it's a no for both teams. Raptors aren't going to trade him unless he demands it and I truely do not see him doing that soon and for the Lakers, why break up a championship roster even if it is Bosh.

well we let go of Ariza, why not Bynum. Ariza did more in tha playoffs then Bynum.

i dont really see this working but so much for lakers.

yes on paper it seems amazing but honestly, pau gasol was kinda complaining about the touches he was getting now, he prob get even more less touches if bosh come. also defensively bosh-pau front court seems kinda weak. if pau gasol gets hurt, who gonna play center then, mbenga? if he starts at c whos gonna be backup?

but on toronto i think this deal will work wonders, a front court of bynum an bargani could be good.

Bynum is a horrible defender, or at least he has been this season. The only thing that he has going for him is his size and length, but he doesn't even use it to his advantage on the defensive end of the floor anyways.

Bosh is a better defender than Bynum is. Bosh just looks god awful on defense because of the complete and utter garbage around him on the defensive end of the floor. It is hard to be a good defender when you are given absolutely no help on the perimeter, or inside from your big man partner (Bargs is a fairly decent man defender, but an attrocious help defender, although he has gotten better in that regard lately). Players are blowing by Calderon, Jack and Turkoglu like they aren't even there and this gives the Raptors bigs absoltuely no time to rotate over. As a result of this, they are late and people mistake it for a lack of defense on Bosh's part, when that isn't the case as Bosh is actually a smart defender and a good help defender.

Bosh plays center for Toronto anyways, and has done so for the majority of his career, so that isn't really a problem. He would struggle guarding somebody like Dwight Howard or Shaquille O'Neal straight up, but how many players in the league can actually say that they wouldn't struggle against these two if they aren't given help? Do you actually think that Andrea Bargnani is the one who is playing center for the Raptors?

• Owner

I wouldn't trade for Bosh If I were the Lakers, but I would trade for Bynum If I were the Raptors. It's mainly because Lakers need a center and not another power forward and the Raptors need another franchise and a legit post guy. Bynum could be that for them.

Gasol is an excellent center. He was playing center for us throughout most of our championship run, in fact.

• Owner

Still.....seems like Bynum's only problem is his focus and attitude. He would be all-star easily on most other teams in the NBA.

He's an all-star without Gasol. With Pau, he's an upset player that wants more shots, and he won't even TRY to play defense unless he gets them...not to mention he was being outrebounded by Gasol, Odom AND Kobe in a total stretch of 10-11 games just a week ago.

Bynum is a seven-footer that weighs more than both Gasol and Odom. He should be pulling down boards, even with them in the game. He doesn't, because he doesn't know how to box out and isn't as physical as he should be.

Bosh is the better scorer, rebounder, defensive player, passer and has a better attitude and more focus than Drew. He'd work better with Gasol.

The Lakers build around Kobe and Gasol, not Bynum.

Raptors...I said the same thing with the Houston deal, if Bosh has made it clear that he won't return then I would consider trading him. In this case, I would prefer Bynum over Houston's deal of Brooks/Landry (Battier or Cook for salaries?) simply because he is the better prospect and has more potential than the two combined. Also he's locked up long term so he won't be skipping town for a long while.

With the Lakers, I'm not so sure either. Pau is already unhappy with the shots he gets, can you imagine how Bosh will react? If the Lakers want Bosh, get him in a sign and trade during the offseason or else you're risking losing Bosh to free agency.

No and Yes.

If I were the Lakers I would not do the trade because you would be losing a future allstar and the only good youth on your entire team, and who knows it even would work out. There only can be so many stars on a team.

On the other hand If I were the Raptors I would do this trade in a second, because you would be getting a very young player that already is showing great improvement in the post. Good bigs are hard to come by. Also you would be getting great value out of a player that is most likey not going to resign with you guys.

No and Yes.

If I were the Lakers I would not do the trade because you would be losing a future allstar and the only good youth on your entire team, and who knows it even would work out. There only can be so many stars on a team.

On the other hand If I were the Raptors I would do this trade in a second, because you would be getting a very young player that already is showing great improvement in the post. Good bigs are hard to come by. Also you would be getting great value out of a player that is most likey not going to resign with you guys.

I would wait until the trade deadline (assuming Bosh wants out) if I'm going to pull the trigger. Raptors are on a good streak right now, no need to rush a deal. Plenty of time for Toronto to convince him to stay.

Lakers: Honestly, if they passed this deal up then idk what to say. You don't pass up a deal like this.

Raptors: If Bosh made it clear he was opting out, then i'd go for it. Bynum is a solid young big with huge upside(if his D improves, watch out). This could also give derozan's role on the offensive end a huge increase.

This deal is lingering on Bosh's decision on whether or not to return, but i don't see it happening mainly because of the problem matching salaries, but hypothetically, both teams should do it.

Personally, if this happened i would REALLY be pissed and im sure you could guess why :/

Edit: To those saying no to the Lakers end, are you serious? Why would ANYONE opt out of their deal while on a team that could potentially be a Dynasty? Bosh wouldn't be complaining especially with Kobe/Gasol/Artest around him. That's a team that'd challenge the 70 win mark+ a 16-0 postseason, you don't opt out from a team like that, you sign an extension.

As for the lakers losing a "potential all star", ummmmm, did you forget the fact that Bosh is ALREADY one of, if not the best PF's in the league? Bosh is only 26 or so as well, so it's not like he's some aging superstar.

Edited by Celtics3420

I would wait until the trade deadline (assuming Bosh wants out) if I'm going to pull the trigger. Raptors are on a good streak right now, no need to rush a deal. Plenty of time for Toronto to convince him to stay.

Didn't he say he didn't want to stay because it was too cold or something? Unless the GM has a weather machine, I'm not sure how they could convince him. I never thought highly of Bosh anyways, Bynum has the brighter future if you ask me. Bosh is easily better now though.

Didn't he say he didn't want to stay because it was too cold or something? Unless the GM has a weather machine, I'm not sure how they could convince him. I never thought highly of Bosh anyways, Bynum has the brighter future if you ask me. Bosh is easily better now though.

You think Bynum has a brighter future than Bosh?

I think you should start actually watching games before you say anything.

Raptors: If Bosh made it clear he was opting out, then i'd go for it. Bynum is a solid young big with huge upside(if his D improves, watch out). This could also give derozan's role on the offensive end a huge increase.

It's not his defensive ability that needs to be improved, it's his consistent effort on that end. He's proven he's a reliable shot blocker, he just tends to lose focus with Gasol playing. Pretty similar to his teammate Kobe. Kobe will lock down when he'll need to, but he'll coast if he doesn't have to.