Kevin Garnett voted NBA's top trash talker

The Regime

According to his peers, Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett is the top trash talker in the NBA.

Yes, that's right; the same gentleman who pisses intensity, spits straight venom from the sidelines, and occasionally gets down all fours in a wild attack dog-like defensive stance was voted the L's worst trash talker.

Who would have thunk it?

Garnett received 62 percent of the vote in a Sports Illustrated poll of 173 league players who were asked to name the worst trash talker in the league.

Kobe Bryant (7%) was second, followed by Rasheed Wallace (5%). Fourth on the list was 'Lil Him Nate Robinson (3%), who tied with Paul Pierce.

I doubt SI gives out awards for throwaway player polls, but if they did, I'd like to imagine this is how Garnett's acceptance speech would [expletive] go:

"Thank you so [expletive] much! [Expletive]! Sorry! I mean, really, it's just a great [expletive] honor to be nominated alongside so many other mother [expletive] trashtalkers! I want to thank my [expletive] coach, Doc, and my [expletive] teammates, and my [expletive] family, and — [expletive]! I forgot what I was going to say. [Expletive]! Oh well, I better stop now before I say something that'll get me into [expletive] trouble. ANYTHING IS [EXPLETIVE] POSSIBLE! Thanks."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Kevin-Garnett-voted-NBA-s-top-trash-talker?urn=nba,213362