Raptors, Cavs, Suns, Rockets and Mavs are interested in Kevin Martin

Dash

Kevin Martin is closing in on a return to game-action, which could be the beginning of an audition for other teams. Many teams are hoping to land Martin by the February trade deadline should the Kings make him available.

League sources indicate Houston, Toronto, Cleveland, Phoenix and Dallas are among those keeping watch.

The Kings, who are believed to be looking for a significant frontcourt addition, have given no indication they intend to move Martin. There is, however, doubt by some that a backcourt combo of Tyreke Evans and Martin will not work in the longterm.

Link

Martin will reportedly return to game action this Friday, I'm sure these five teams will be scouting him for the next month. S

Do you think Evans and Martin can coexist?

If it a trade was imminent, which one of these teams can make the best offer?

I am still not sure how I feel about us potentially getting Martin. Not sure what we would offer besides something like Jose+Amir or something like that. If we don't have to get ruined to get him, I would love to have him here. Adding a 20+ point wing is something Bosh has always needed. But I have also heard Martin is a ballstopper and a chucker basically, so I don't know if he would be able to fit in Toronto.

Adding Martin to the starting line-up would probably make us instantly better though.... I just question if we are 'really' interested or not.

I doubt Martin will go for a deal like that though, I can't see us getting him and keeping Bargnani and Bosh.

Martin on the Cavaliers is an interesting prospect though, a legitimate second option for LeBron finally, I think Martin would fit the billing. He would also get a lot of points in Phoenix. I just question what the Kings are looking for in return.

Edited by travesy3

From a Toronto perspective, I have to hope Jose goes the other way. A few positives come out of this. We can dress Marcus Banks who is no doubt our best defender at the PG spot. This also eliminates the Cackadodo (Calderon-Jack-Turkoglu) lineup late in games, and it gives the Raptors a defined 2 while DeRozan and Weems continue to develop. I have to hope it's Jose for Martin, if not, throw in POB and a 2nd in the future. Having Udrih and Rodriguez hurts our chances of unloading Jose, but he is the superior player, at least offensively, though the stats this year don't show it.

Lol. Like the Kings or really anyone would take Jose. The only player from the Raptors who I'd take a look at is DeRozan but even then I wouldn't be too interested in because he doesn't in well with Tyreke Evans, so basically the Raptors have no chance.

I am merely saying this is hypothetically all I can imagine us being willing to move.

But Calderon does make sense in a way, while I hate on him he is still decent, and is definitely better than Udrih. People forget Jose averaged 9 assists last year, this would also allow Evans to shift to his natural position at the 2. And I am sure the deal would be littered with picks and [expletive] like that.

Again, I am not saying the Kings are or would entertain this, I am saying this is the only deal that would make sense from a Raptors fan, or GM's, perspective.

But Calderon does make sense in a way, while I hate on him he is still decent, and is definitely better than Udrih[/Quote]

Okay so well take Jose who wouldn't fit into our system at all and his contract so now we have two bad contracts at point guard in Beno(even though he is earning every bit of it this year), and a [expletive]ty point guard in Jose. Also no. I'm sorry this year Beno>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jose.

Plus

Jose and Amir for Kevin Martin doesn't work.

Edited by Beastley