Another trade idea

According to hoopshype's front page, Devin Harris is no longer the centerpiece of the New Jersey Nets and is available for trade. This is an interesting situation, they want a star player in return along with some expiring contracts. Do you think the Wizards can go after him? I've never been a fan of completely rebuilding, I always thought it's better to build around a young guy rather than finding that core piece. We can easily take on his contract, shed the rest of our cap space by trading Jamison and a few others, and work from there.

Devin is only 26 years old with loads of potential, the Wizards can build around him through the draft, and we will be a good place for free agents as he would attract some. We are in a big market, and I'm sure we can pull it off with the way we love to overpay players...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yfopsyg

Butler goes to New Jersey, and hopes they resign him to a longer deal to help attract free agents. They get an expiring contract in Mike James, which will help their chances in 2010.

Edited by AboveLegit

He'd be a good acquisition for us since he would be a decent replacement for Gilbert, but I think we'd be on the losing end of this trade. The Nets benefit more because they give up their point guard that they don't want anymore and then have the highest chance out of anyone else to snag John Wall, who is an obvious upgrade. Having Wall and Butler on the same team, free agents would love to sign with New Jersey.

I'm not against this trade, but it definitely shouldn't be our first option because we don't get many benefits from it. We should be focusing on expiring contracts the most so we can make a good run in this summer's free agency.

I don't see why Nets would do this. Caron is playing so poorly it just doesn't make sense. Of course Devin is playing pretty horrid as well, he is 26 and definitely the better player, would just be a dumb move for the Nets. If the Wiz could pull this off that would be great for them.

I think the Wizards are going to be hardpressed to get any sort of value for Caron until he starts to play like the Caron we became accustomed to over the past 3 or 4 seasons.

I don't see why you guys would want this though, Harris might be better but the Wizards have lacked, during the Arenas era, mostly is a true PG. I don't see why you would want another combo guard/scoring PG at the helm after all these years of Arenas.

I don't see why Nets would do this. Caron is playing so poorly it just doesn't make sense. Of course Devin is playing pretty horrid as well, he is 26 and definitely the better player, would just be a dumb move for the Nets. If the Wiz could pull this off that would be great for them.

I think the Wizards are going to be hardpressed to get any sort of value for Caron until he starts to play like the Caron we became accustomed to over the past 3 or 4 seasons.

I don't see why you guys would want this though, Harris might be better but the Wizards have lacked, during the Arenas era, mostly is a true PG. I don't see why you would want another combo guard/scoring PG at the helm after all these years of Arenas.

I know what you mean, he's a semi-downgrade from Gilbert, which is why I'm not too high on this grade.

Give us Jose. ;)