Ravens' Reed contemplating retirement after frustrating playoff loss

The Regime

INDIANAPOLIS -- Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed is considering retirement after an injury-filled season.

The 31-year-old Reed missed four December games because of a variety of injuries, including problems with his neck, hip and groin.

"I've been thinking about it, and it kind of hit me on the sidelines," he said Saturday after a 20-3 playoff loss to the Colts. "It's going to be a long offseason. It hurts. I am just thinking about it.

"I'm 50-50. I am going to re-evaluate things and see how it goes in the next couple of days."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d815c76f6&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I had a bad feeling either Reed or Ray Lewis would consider retiring. I really hope they can stick around for a couple more seasons. Our pass defense is garbage without him.

Reed will probably stay in the league at least I hope so. He's basically my idol. Ray Lewis is the heart and soul of the Ravens so he would take an even huger toll on the Ravens defense if he leaves. I just think Reed is frustrated with the injuries and with the losses. Maybe he should consider a team change. :)

Reed will probably stay in the league at least I hope so. He's basically my idol. Ray Lewis is the heart and soul of the Ravens so he would take an even huger toll on the Ravens defense if he leaves. I just think Reed is frustrated with the injuries and with the losses. Maybe he should consider a team change. :)

He would never do that lol. He has and will always be a Raven.

Over my dead body will your team get Marshall.

Why not? Mason is aging and I'm sure he is contemplating retirement, plus this was his final year under contract. And then you have Clayton who is a mediocre #2 who is also in the final year of his contract. We def need a playmaker, and I'm sure we are probably one of the frontrunners in getting him.

If you think the Bears get him, then think again. Aromashado emerged as a solid option near the end of the season, and you guys still have alot invested in Hester. Plus Olsen emerged as Cutlers go-to-guy. The Bears make no moves imo, we have a better chance of getting Marshall. :P

I wouldn't be surprised if he walked away from the game if he feels his body is that banged up. Football is just a brutal game, longevity is really hard year in and year out...