Cavs Interested In David West?

A league source said the Cavs have also made a run at Hornets power forward David West.

The Cavs are dangling center Zydrunas Ilgauskas out there for the Hornets, who want to avoid paying the luxury tax at all cost.

The Hornets could buy out Ilgauskas’ contract and waive him. Then he could return to the Cavs in 30 days.

Or they could hang onto him and let his $11.5 million deal expire after this season.

If the Cavs got West, perhaps it wouldn’t be a high priority to get Ilgauskas back in a month. Anderson Varejao could play many of the backup minutes behind center Shaquille O’Neal like he does now.

However, Hornets coach/GM Jeff Bower told New Orleans writers that he has no intention of breaking up their core to get under the luxury-tax threshold. Teams are also inquiring about point guard Chris Paul

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20100117#STORY_23689

I know that Hoopsword isn't the most reliable site, but I figured I would post it anyways. What would you think if this trade went down? David West's shooting ability would be a very good fit next to LeBron.

Cavs are pretty much interested in everybody, shows how desperate they are to keep Lebron. I dont see them getting Jamison as the Wizards will not deal with them. Troy Murphy is also an eastern conference player and I doubt the Pacers would deal him to make the Cavs better. David West might be their most realistic option. Im sure a western conference team out of the playoffs wouldnt mind dealing with the Cavs, but the Hornets dont appear to want to move West at the moment.

Why are the Cavs so desperate to trade? What they have now is working for them pretty well...

Also the Wizards WOULD be willing to deal to the Cavs (and Jamison was open to the idea as well), it's just not going to be our first option due to the history we have with them.

There are always gonna be rumors, but this is the last player I expect to wind up with the Cavs.

Unless we get Troy Murphy, I consider any other deal a surprise at this point. We are 31-11, at some point you need to be content with the roster.

There are always gonna be rumors, but this is the last player I expect to wind up with the Cavs.

Unless we get Troy Murphy, I consider any other deal a surprise at this point. We are 31-11, at some point you need to be content with the roster.

I agree Murphy would be the most likely acquisition. The Cavs definitely want Jamison the most, but Grunfeld is hesitant to deal anyone to the Cavs that would benefit them (I honestly don't even see a rivalry between our teams anymore, but go figure).

Never been a big fan of West's, feel like he is a major product of CP3 especially off the pick and pop.... West's mid range is deadly though so LeBron might be able to compliment him the same way CP3 does.

Still think the Cavaliers need to get a legitimate second option on their team, this is just another bandage solution... get Jamison.

If you look at game logs, West had a horrible first month, the majority of which CP3 was out. The next two months he has played much better, while CP3 has been back... I don't think this is a coincidence.

Edited by travesy3

Cavs are pretty much interested in everybody, shows how desperate they are to keep Lebron. I dont see them getting Jamison as the Wizards will not deal with them. Troy Murphy is also an eastern conference player and I doubt the Pacers would deal him to make the Cavs better. David West might be their most realistic option. Im sure a western conference team out of the playoffs wouldnt mind dealing with the Cavs, but the Hornets dont appear to want to move West at the moment.

lol you make it seem like thats a bad thing. They need to try to get anyone at any rate to keep lebron.

the lakers was the same to keep kobe tho.

the lakers was the same to keep kobe tho.

True but we didnt really need to make a deal cause we were the number 1 seed with Bynum emerging, only because he got injured we swung a major deal. Also KB was locked up long term, this is the Cavs last chance to please Lebron.

Edited by kingfish

True but we didnt really need to make a deal cause we were the number 1 seed with Bynum emerging, only because he got injured we swung a major deal. Also KB was locked up long term, this is the Cavs last chance to please Lebron.

Well it's better than just sitting back and just hoping he'll come back like the Heat are doing.