Possibilities endless for Kaman

NJNJ

Chris Kaman doesn't expect to be an All-Star. "I'm not a very fan-popular player," said the 7-foot Clippers center. "My style is very old-school, back-to-the-basket, slow, methodical."

Here's one way you can raise your profile, I told him. Grow your hair long, the way you used to wear it. Ben Wallace, Johnny Damon, Troy Polamalu -- many players have done the same thing to raise their profile.

"Johnny Damon, he looked like a wild man," said Kaman, as he rubbed at his dirty-blond scalp. "As you can see, my hair's pretty thin on the top. If I grow it long, it's terrible. I look like Hulk Hogan."

That's exactly the look that would put you on television.

"The hair's not coming back, man," said Kaman. "I can't do nothing about it."

The only way Kaman knows to become famous is by practicing. That's why he built his own gym last summer. "I didn't build it myself, but I was there while it was being built," he said, to correct any misunderstanding. "I wasn't working in steel."

However it happened to go up, the new gym did the trick. This season Kaman is averaging 20.4 points -- first among NBA centers -- to go with his 9.3 rebounds and 1.4 blocks. In my opinion, he belongs on the All-Star team for the first time in his seven-year career with Los Angeles.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ian_thomsen/01/19/chris.kaman/index.html#ixzz0d708Kahb