LBJ will pass Kobe in scoring

Guest The Situation

Guest The Situation

Just looked at it and Lebron will most likely have higher point totals than Kobe at the end of his career.

Lebron through 7 seasons: 14,301 pts

Kobe through 7 seasons: 10,658 pts

*for issh and giggles

Jordan through 7 seasons: 16,596 pts

I'd have to agree. Right now though Kobe is on a team where more players are capable of scoring. For the Cavs, it's pretty much all LeBron. I wouldn't count on anyone else there scoring 20+ consistently. On the Lakers I feel like Gasol could do that every night as well as Artest (possibly).

So of course LeBron is going to be scoring more, the Lakers have a more rounded team.

Guest The Situation

How many rings will he have after 7 seasons? and was LBJ always 1st option? :lol:

Were talking about scoring stats. No one mentioned rings. Correct?

How come when a Kobe Lebron comparison comes up the Laker fans always have to bring up rings?

Guest The Situation

Good [expletive] question.

It's like discussing Eagles and Cowboys. It's always about rings. Little to they know they won 1 playoff game in over a century.

Were talking about scoring stats. No one mentioned rings. Correct?

How come when a Kobe Lebron comparison comes up the Laker fans always have to bring up rings?

Cause it's the same with MJ/Kobe. If you deny that, then your a hater like everyone else.

Guest The Situation

Who to say he doesn't develop a nice jumper later on in his career.

Who knows.

I think Kobe always had the outside jumper. Or at least respectable. It def got better over time.

Edited by The Situation

• Owner

I think you're probably correct about LeBron James passing Kobe Bryant in scoring, but you have to remember that when LeBron James gets in his later years, he won't be driving as well, and doesn't have a shot even close to Kobe Bryant, so it will be interesting later in his career.

That, and durability, if he continues to play reckless basketball (such as Allen Iverson).

That seven-season difference isn't as much as I thought, though. A total of 4,000 points is less than two seasons for Bryant (it's two 24-25 PPG seasons).

Assuming Bryant goes two seasons longer than LeBron, he may keep the higher total.

Cause it's the same with MJ/Kobe. If you deny that, then your a hater like everyone else.

Nonetheless it's irrelevant to this thread and therefore worthy of being considered spam.

I don't think LeBron will pass MJ as you put his numbers up there....it's nice to see how far LBJ's come. To think Shaq just hit 28,000, so LeBron's a little more than half way already. :-o

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

As long as he stays healthy LeBron passes Kobe pretty easily and takes down all the youngest to X records.

Why are rings always brought up? Because it's what Kobe has over LeBron. Typical fans. Always resort to the bullets, anything to win. In any subjective player vs. player argument each side will always fire the bullet they know hits the mark, regardless of relevance.

• Owner

As long as he stays healthy LeBron passes Kobe pretty easily and takes down all the youngest to X records.

Why are rings always brought up? Because it's what Kobe has over LeBron. Typical fans. Always resort to the bullets, anything to win. In any subjective player vs. player argument each side will always fire the bullet they know hits the mark, regardless of relevance.

I actually don't like hearing about the number of rings a player has, and I doubt anyone can find me talking about that when it comes to Bryant. Charles Barkley is one of my all-time favorite players...and I really don't need to explain anything beyond that point in regards to rings. Karl Malone is arguably the greatest power forward of all-time, also...and he has as many NBA championships as I do.

Bryant has been in fortunate and unfortunate situations. His teammate was Shaquille O'Neal, and in the middle of last decade, he was carrying the likes of Smush, Kwame and Walton in the starting five. Now he has Gasol.

LeBron has had an excellent team since 2007, packed with defense and shooters, sort of what Iverson had in 2001 and Hakeem had in the mid 90s...but he's not with someone like Dirk or Garnett, either.

As far as those records go, yes...I agree. LeBron started out posting 20+ every game, while Kobe didn't hit that mark for a few years. Advantage LeBron, as long as he doesn't break down or jump to a team that forces him to score much less, because the 4,000 point differential is only worth a couple of 24-25 PPG seasons. Youngest to X scoring? LeBron will get them all. Overall scoring by the end of their careers? I won't go that far just yet.

You guys have to realize Kobe wasn't Kobe his first 2 years in the league. Kobe's turned it up on the second half of his career which could be because of the departure of Shaq and because he's just gotten better and better. Kobe and LeBron have different games.

And Karl Malone is not the greatest PF of all time.

• Owner

And Karl Malone is not the greatest PF of all time.

He's actually second, behind Duncan...but it's definitely worth arguing, as he's one of the greatest scorers in NBA history and a very, very good defensive player.

That, and durability, if he continues to play reckless basketball (such as Allen Iverson).

Just curious how LeBron's play is 'reckless'? The guy has missed 20 games in his first 7 seasons ever lol.... and it isn't like he is hitting the floor 5 times a game like Wade and Iverson type of players, LeBron is strong and finishes through contact better than any wing in the league. I just don't see how you can call his play reckless, sure he isn't Kobe Bryant out there, but I would hardly call his play reckless.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious how LeBron's play is 'reckless'? The guy has missed 20 games in his first 7 seasons ever lol.... and it isn't like he is hitting the floor 5 times a game like Wade and Iverson type of players, LeBron is strong and finishes through contact better than any wing in the league. I just don't see how you can call his play reckless, sure he isn't Kobe Bryant out there, but I would hardly call his play reckless.

With all the jumping around that he's doing, it's bound to take a toll on Lebron's body one way or another. Playing basketball almost everyday for 7+ months is also bound to take a toll on your body too. And who's to say that he won't be in a season where he breaks his finger on his shooting hand, strains his groin, lands flat on his back while making a shot, has a sore ankle, breaks another finger on his shooting hand, or his muscles and veins just pop from all the steroids he's injecting into his body?