A new basketball league is coming

The Regime

Guest The Situation

Well I only said that because there are many Black people I know that don't like that term and think African American is more politically correct and respectable.

Well I only said that because there are many Black people I know that don't like that term and think African American is more politically correct and respectable.

Strange. Most blacks I know like to just be called... "black". I'm still in high school, though, but I'm pretty sure it's that way for most people.

I don't see how African American is more respectable, personally. If it was, then Whites would be called European American.

Plus, we're all original from Africa if you dig deep enough into the roots of your family tree.

I don't like this whole separation of race to begin with, like we're all completely different species of human. We should all just be called "people". Only add their skin color when describing their looks.

Well Poe if it was a perfect world then we wouldn't have problems. We wouldn't have wars either then. But this is a crock man. So what if he is making an All White League. I have no problems with it at all. I play in a men's league down here that is about 95% "Black" and I am not complaining.

Well Poe if it was a perfect world then we wouldn't have problems. We wouldn't have wars either then. But this is a crock man. So what if he is making an All White League. I have no problems with it at all. I play in a men's league down here that is about 95% "Black" and I am not complaining.

A league where most of it's members happen to be black is much different than a league that actually does not allow people to play if their skin doesn't meet their criteria. You're allowed to play in that league, so you have nothing to complain about.

• 2 weeks later...

"African American" is a terrible term and should never be used as it implies three things.

1. All black people are originally from Africa (and i am not talking about 400,000 years ago).

2. That all black people have ties to America.

3. All people of both descents are brown/black in skin color.

http://www.allgigs.co.uk/images/object/artist/8763/Seal-1-250-188-85-nocrop.jpg

NOT an African American.

http://a8.img.v4.skyrock.com/a86/marc-antoineofficiel/pics/1692514414.jpg

NOT African NOR American.

http://perfectnika.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/dave-matthews1.jpg

IS an African American.

This term is not politically correct nor is it more respectable, how would a Haitian or Brazilian be respected by you assuming because of their skin color they are African AND American? They wouldn't.

And i know personal experience is not a great debate or argument tool but in 28 years on this earth i have not met one single black person who prefers to be called "African American" and have found the only people who suggest it is a proper term are white people.

Edited by bravenewworld
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Who cares? He decided to specifically make a league for one group of people, I think its a great idea, its to give whites a chance to play semi-pro basketball, if there was any other league this wouldnt even make news, just another reason to pull out the racist card, smh. The majority of the people in the US are white as are politicians, the rich, so they have the right to something like this.

I couldn't even play in this league, and it doesnt bother me.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Who cares? He decided to specifically make a league for one group of people, I think its a great idea, its to give whites a chance to play semi-pro basketball, if there was any other league this wouldnt even make news, just another reason to pull out the racist card, smh. The majority of the people in the US are white as are politicians, the rich, so they have the right to something like this.

I couldn't even play in this league, and it doesnt bother me.

I have a hard time understanding why people who happen to be born with darker skin have to be categorized into a group. If people with dark skin color should be put into groups, then why not people with blond hair, or freckles, or green eyes, or some other feature produced by their DNA? It doesn't make any sense.

And I don't care about this whole "race card" excuse, or who the majority or minorities in this particular country happen to be. It's excluding people for no reason.

I have a hard time understanding why people who happen to be born with darker skin have to be categorized into a group. If people with dark skin color should be put into groups, then why not people with blond hair, or freckles, or green eyes, or some other feature produced by their DNA? It doesn't make any sense.

And I don't care about this whole "race card" excuse, or who the majority or minorities in this particular country happen to be. It's excluding people for no reason.

It is what it is, I could honestly care less. Changing the status from "African-American" to "Black-American", doesnt raise anyone's life expectancy, doesnt give me a mansion, or a car. It just changes the wording of something.

Eyes, freckles and crap isnt really a big issue.

I also dont think this was made to exclude people but instead to just make it for whites, if it was called the no immigrant,no non-white league, i'd understand, but its called the white league

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

The only racist part about it is their reasoning.

“Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?”

So this cant happen in a whites only league? Why, cause black people are the only ones that do this?

The white game of basketball, which is essentially a fundamental game

So whites are the only ones who know fundamentals? A league with only a certain race is alright but not for reasons like those.

The only racist part about it is their reasoning.

So this cant happen in a whites only league? Why, cause black people are the only ones that do this?

So whites are the only ones who know fundamentals? A league with only a certain race is alright but not for reasons like those.

Dunno if that second part was as racist as the first.

It just sounds like the owner is considering the olden days of basketball over todays game. Back when the league was mostly white the game itself was more fundamental, but it really had nothing to do with race, it was just the beginning of basketball.

He might not understand the concept of evolution though.

• 9 months later...