A new basketball league is coming

The Regime

Billy Byler of the AUGUSTA CHRONICLE has what seems like a harmless press release about the formation of a basketball minor league:

The All-American Basketball Alliance announced in a news release Sunday evening that it intends to start its inaugural season in June and hopes Augusta will be one of 12 cities with a team.

Thankfully Byler, and Rick Chandler, kept reading.

“Only players that are natural born United States citizens with both parents of Caucasian race are eligible to play in the league.”

Brilliant! So who’s the bigot mastermind behind this bright idea?

Don “Moose” Lewis, the commissioner of the AABA, said the reasoning behind the league’s roster restrictions is not racism.

“There’s nothing hatred about what we’re doing,” he said. “I don’t hate anyone of color. But people of white, American-born citizens are in the minority now. Here’s a league for white players to play fundamental basketball, which they like.”

“Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?” he said. “That’s the culture today, and in a free country we should have the right to move ourselves in a better direction.”

“People will come out and support a product they can identify with. I’m the spoken minority right now, but if people will give us a chance, it’ll work… The white game of basketball, which is essentially a fundamental game, works.”

My goodness, how unthinking and insensitive can one man be?

Never thought I’d see the day that jews and homosexuals wouldn’t be excluded in such a noble endeavor. Gypsies too! (Guessing they’ll be the boiled peanut vendors.)

Lewis also said that in order for a franchise to succeed, “We need a local person ingrained into the community to make this successful.”

If Lewis is able to locate such upstanding citizens in 12 southern cities, I’m sure local law enforcement would be much appreciated.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/all-white-basketball-league-is-ready-to-launch-27653

I found it on another forum, thought it was pretty interesting. Don't really know if it's legit, but what are your reactions either way.

“There’s nothing hatred about what we’re doing,” he said. “I don’t hate anyone of color. But people of white, American-born citizens are in the minority now. Here’s a league for white players to play fundamental basketball, which they like.”

“Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?” he said. “That’s the culture today, and in a free country we should have the right to move ourselves in a better direction.”

“People will come out and support a product they can identify with. I’m the spoken minority right now, but if people will give us a chance, it’ll work… The white game of basketball, which is essentially a fundamental game works.”

Ladies and gentlemen, what we have here... is racism. No further explanation is necessary.

^The owner is definitely a racist but personally I don't see anything wrong with a whites only league.

What about a redheads only league? Or a blue-eyed blonds only league?

The only separations in basketball leagues should be for physical attributes like age, sex, and physical condition (handicapped). Separating leagues based on color is just... stupid.

Sorry, but telling a black or an asian that they can't be a part of a certain basketball league based on something they can't control and not based on their skill level or physical condition isn't morally correct.

Edited by Poe
  • Like 1

I don't have a problem with it. It gives a lot of talented players who aren't quite NBA quality players to still play after college without having to go overseas. Sure it sounds racist on paper, but I'm fine with it and I'm not at all racist.

It's kind of racist to create a league like this, but some people just like playing the old school, fundamental game of basketball. Don't see TOO much wrong with it.

Key word: some people. If someone wants to make a league with a variation of the game with changed rules, that's fine. Just don't have the rules include excluding people for the way they look.

Finally Adam Morrison can win an MVP award. This is pretty pointless if you ask me. If you can't make the NBA. Go to the Euro league or your local YMCA. Ask for the idea. I don't think it's racist but I definatley think the owners racist.

By the way, this isn't a good idea. A fundemental, below the rim game. Don't we have that? Oh yes, the WNBA. They have NO fans.

West All-STARS

PG: Dan Dickua

SG: JJ Redick

SF: Adam Morrison

PF: Brian Scalebrine

C: Darko Milicic

Actually I don't think Darko would qualify for this league so that one guy that owns Burger King would be the center.

Edited by Durant35

thats wild i cant imagine this could really be pulled off and not seen as racist. Especially after reading it and how its worded, they are trying soo hard to sound right but its just not working.

But just imagine, JJ Redick, 12 time MVP of this league. Id watch that.

So is he saying that non-Caucasians can't play a fundamental game of basketball? :unsure:

"Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?” he said. “That’s the culture today, and in a free country we should have the right to move ourselves in a better direction."

He's saying that all blacks are thugs and all whites are civilized people. He wants to control the world and separate races by skin color into different categories of lifestyle.

Obviously he likes the sport of basketball but is tired of seeing all those tatted up [expletive]ers making up the majority of the players. I know this because my grandfather is the same way. It's a sick way to think, but that's the environment they grew up in and they've learned to associate skin color to the person itself, instead of content of character and all that jazz.

But it's really nothing to worry about. Most people like this are old... and dieing. It won't be too long before their generation is replaced by a new, more open minded and hopefully more sensible generation.

Edited by Poe

Guest The Situation

Have any of you heard heard of all Indian BBall leagues, African American BBall leagues, Catholic BBall leagues, Jewish BBall leagues, etc?

I sure have. There are tons of them in Philly.

If this were an all African American BBall league there would not even be a topic so get over it.

Edited by The Situation
  • Like 4

Have any of you heard heard of all Indian BBall leagues, African American BBall leagues, Catholic BBall leagues, Jewish BBall leagues, etc?

I sure have. There are tons of them in Philly.

If this were an all African American BBall league there would not even be a topic so get over it.

I hate the term "African American". The average Black person living in America is no more African than the average White person here is European.

And whether the topic was about any race or religion, I'd still discuss it. Just because there are a lot of them doesn't make it any more right or wrong. Skin color and opinion should not be a reason to reject anybody from anything.