Alexander to D-League

Jenneral

Joe Alexander will be assigned by the Bucks to the D-League's Fort Wayne Mad Ants, according to league sources.

Alexander was the eighth overall pick out of West Virginia by Milwaukee in the 2008 NBA Draft.

Alexander has consistently battled injuries throughout his NBA career.

RealGM

We really wasted a pick with him. He hasn't added anything to our team and now we'll be letting him go without getting anything in return at season's end. I would have rather us kept Yi Jianlian who we took a year earlier. He's improved so far over his career while Alexander has gone backwards if anything.

Some players I wish we would have drafted instead of Alexander (all would have been available) are Brook Lopez, Brandon Rush, and maybe Anthony Randolph. At least we wouldn't have wasted a pretty good pick.

Thought he was going to be so good.

He's still young so I'm sure another team will give him a chance. If he wants to make it in this league he needs to stay healthy. It seems like he's constantly injured which played a large role in the Bucks deciding to keep him as far away from the team as possible.

Joe played for the Mad Ants today. I know he's coming off an injury or two but now I can see why the Bucks sent him there without hesitation.

1-6 shooting, 4 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 blocked shot, 3 turnovers in 20:42 of game play.