Camby's Fate Rests On Win/Loss Record

If the Clippers start losing games, the likelihood of a trade involving center Marcus Camby could increase.

FanHouse reports that Los Angeles will be more apt to consider dealing Camby if their record begins to fall.

The Clippers are five games out of the No. 8 spot in the Western Conference midway through the season.

"Committed at that time," Los Angeles coach Mike Dunleavy said Thursday in reference to a Dec. 26 interview during which he said anyone could be traded on the team's roster.

"But yet I said about all our guys, if a deal comes up that makes sense for us we don't have anybody that's not tradeable ... None of us know what's out there. So I can't say somebody is untradeable, and it won't happen."

Camby is averaging 8.1 points, 11.8 rebounds and 1.98 blocks this season.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64225/20100123/win_loss_record_will_dictate_cambys_future_with_clippers/

I think that it would be in the best interest of the Clippers to trade Camby regardless of what their record is heading into the trade deadline. Lets be realistic here, even if they do manage to somehow sneak into the playoffs, they will be lucky to win a game against the upper echelon teams in the Western Conference. Camby has very nice trade value considering his contract is expiring at the end of the season and he can be a very nice contributor to a team looking to solidfy their front court heading into the playoffs. I highly doubt that Camby would resign with the Clippers after the season anyways, so you might as well get something of value in return for him.

What do you guys think? Should the Clippers trade Camby regardless of what their record is?

http://realgm.com/sr..._with_clippers/

I think that it would be in the best interest of the Clippers to trade Camby regardless of what their record is heading into the trade deadline. Lets be realistic here, even if they do manage to somehow sneak into the playoffs, they will be lucky to win a game against the upper echelon teams in the Western Conference. Camby has very nice trade value considering his contract is expiring at the end of the season and he can be a very nice contributor to a team looking to solidfy their front court heading into the playoffs. I highly doubt that Camby would resign with the Clippers after the season anyways, so you might as well get something of value in return for him.

What do you guys think? Should the Clippers trade Camby regardless of what their record is?

Being that they're the Clippers, making the playoffs is a nice morale boost for the franchise. It's different with them than say New Orleans who doesn't have a history of ineptitude, or the Grizzlies who will be better in the future anyway. The Clips arguably most talented player is on the wrong side of his career.

If they were another franchise though, I think it would be cut and dry that they try to move him. They have a little bit of depth behind him and they could get something back, either a pick, or someone who projects to be a backup point guard.