What is Brett Favre's legacy?

The Regime

We all know what he did this season at the age of 40 throwing for 4202 passing yards, 33 TDs and a career-low seven INTs, but at the end of the day the Vikes lost in one of the biggest games of his career, and much of that is because of Favre who threw an interception (one of two) while the Vikes were in fieldgoal range. So the question is, what is his legacy? Are we going to remember Favre for all his accomplishments, or will we remember him as a guy who choked in big games? If Favre was to retire today, his last plays with the Packers, Jets, and Vikes would be interceptions.

Personally for me, Favre will mostly be known for his indecisiveness and poor decision making, and his career numbers would support my arguement. Just the fact that he didnt retire when he had the chance irritates me. If he had retired as a Packer then I would have probably respected him alot more, but his choice to come back and play a couple more seasons tarnished his image imo.

Edited by Confidence

His legacy is that of a daredevil who always tried to make a play, and wasn't scared of making a mistake. He had a lot of trust in his teammates, and had fun playing, and loved to play the game. However, I will always see him as a traitor because of this season.

We all know what he did this season at the age of 40 throwing for 4202 passing yards, 33 TDs and a career-low seven INTs, but at the end of the day the Vikes lost in one of the biggest games of his career, and much of that is because of Favre who threw an interception (one of two) while the Vikes were in fieldgoal range. So the question is, what is his legacy? Are we going to remember Favre for all his accomplishments, or will we remember him as a guy who choked in big games? If Favre was to retire today, his last plays with the Packers, Jets, and Vikes would be interceptions.

Personally for me, Favre will mostly be known for his indecisiveness and poor decision making, and his career numbers would support my arguement. Just the fact that he didnt retire when he had the chance irritates me. If he had retired as a Packer then I would have probably respected him alot more, but his choice to come back and play a couple more seasons tarnished his image imo.

The man loves the game. I don't blame him for coming back.

• Like 1

Using green font dictates sarcasm or a joke.

Example

Kobe Bryant is such a [expletive] and will never be a legitimate NBA player

Edited by BasX

A true warrior who always played the game with more heart than anyone. He knew he could make throws that other people couldn't. Sometimes is cost him and other times it made him seem unhuman. He always trusted his teammates and made everyone around him a better player.

• Like 1

Legend.

The thing i like about him is he has actually done it all. He has been the best QB in the league and the worst, he has had record number touch downs and record number interceptions. He has won the Superbowl and he has had terrible seasons where he did not even come close to making the play offs.

Add this to the fact that he is multi-generational, something not often seen in many athletes, and you have one of the most legendary players to play the game.

Favre is gonna be remember for always playing so tough when hes very beaten up and he gonna be remembered for his stats in football and yes you are going to hear come of these critics talking about how Favre take too many risk but thats who he is but when he actually retire for good and get into Hall of Fame i dont think we will be hearing how he chokes in the big games, etc. At least he won a SB with packers