Super Bowl: New Orleans vs. Indianapolis

Real Deal

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bushrod did surprisingly well against Jared Allen, who is better than Freeney, last week. I still hopes he doesn't play though.

Bushrod and his teammates did well against Allen; Bushrod alone was getting consistently pushed back. Besides, Freeney is the superior pass rusher, and if he can pivot off that right foot sufficiently, Bushrod will not be able to handle him either.

Colts' Freeney expected to play in Super Bowl

Colts coach Jim Caldwell confirmed Monday that he expects RE Dwight Freeney (ankle) to play in Super Bowl XLIV.

"We’ll wait until the last hour if need be and I think he’ll be able to do his job and do it well," Caldwell said. Freeney is currently in Miami getting treatment on his third-degree sprain, which involves a torn ligament. Though he won't be 100% for the game, Freeney should still be able to rush the passer on a limited basis. The All Pro finished 2009 with 13.5 sacks.

NFL.com

I like the Saints in this one. Mainly because I don't like Peyton.

Oh yeah... and Reggie Bush is going to show every team in the NFL that he is not just a "role player" and that he can be a team's primary back. He needs this game more than anyone.

Freeney misses another practice, questionable

Colts RE Dwight Freeney (ankle) did not practice on Friday and is listed as questionable for Super Bowl XLIV.

Freeney said Thursday that he hoped to "test" his torn ankle ligament in Friday's practice, but it didn't happen. He'll play on passing downs at best against New Orleans. Meanwhile, CB Jerraud Powers (questionable, foot) was limited in the workout. Reggie Wayne (knee) was limited, but SI.com's Peter King reports he's in no apparent danger of missing the Super Bowl.

Twitter

Colts CB Powers had foot surgery 3 weeks ago

Colts coach Jim Caldwell revealed Friday that CB Jerraud Powers underwent surgery to repair an "internal fixation" of his fractured left foot after the playoff game against the Ravens.

That would explain all of the street free-agent workouts in Indy the past few weeks. Though he insists he'll play in the Super Bowl, Powers has yet to practice this week. It's looking more and more likely that Jacob Lacey will see the bulk of the snaps opposite Kelvin Hayden. Tim Jennings will man the slot against the Saints' three-receiver sets.

ESPN.com

The Colts suddenly have another injury concern after star receiver Reggie Wayne left practice 20 minutes early.

Wayne cut short Friday's workout after aggravating a problem with his right knee. He walked on his own to the training room, and is listed as probable for Sunday's Super Bowl against New Orleans.

NFL.com

Report: Freeney to be active barring setback

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Dwight Freeney will play in the Super Bowl barring any setbacks in pregame warm-ups.

Freeney missed practice again Saturday. For the first time in two weeks, he will test the ankle before the game. It seems likely that he'll suit up, but the Colts' best pass rusher will be limited to a third-down role in obvious passing situations. Reliable veteran Raheem Brock will play the majority of the snaps.

Adam Schefter on Twitter

Rootin for Colts cause I am starting to see Saints gear and flags around town.

I think that might be because you are in Houston. You guys helped out the people of New Orleans a lot, I think a lot of people in your area might have either moved there from New Orleans or just want to see them win like I do. These fans and the city deserve it so much.

However, halftime will be the best part:

"We're kinda doing a mash-up of stuff," he said. "A bit of 'Baba O'Riley,' a bit of 'Pinball Wizard,' a bit of the close of 'Tommy,' a bit of 'Who Are You,' and a bit of 'Won't Get Fooled Again.' "