Crittenton to plead guilty

JWaLL

WASHINGTON -- An attorney for Washington Wizards guard Javaris Crittenton says the player will plead guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge -- 10 days after teammate Gilbert Arenas pleaded guilty to a felony gun charge.

Crittenton was charged Monday with two misdemeanors -- possession of an unregistered firearm and attempted carrying a pistol without a license.

Crittenton's lawyer, Peter H. White, says prosecutors plan to drop the second charge if Crittenton pleads guilty. He says Crittenton brought a legally owned, unloaded handgun to Washington "only because he legitimately feared for his life." He says the player accepts responsibility for his conduct.

Arenas pleaded guilty on Jan. 15 to a felony gun charge connected to a locker-room argument that is believed to have involved Crittenton.

Arenas, who is under an indefinite NBA suspension, will learn the ultimate length of the ban by the end of next week, sources told ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan last week.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4856909

Good riddance, I hope I never see his face in the league again. Fearing for his life? Bull[expletive]...

I read this on ESPN and when I saw he actually said he feared for his life...I laughed. I laughed so hard that I had to show my boss who also laughed.

First of all, if you feared for your life, if you truly feared for your life...why the hell would you bring an UNLOADED gun if you seriously thought your life was in danger? An UNLOADED gun, he was scared because Gilbert had THREE UNLOADED guns. This guy (Crittenton) is an idiot. I couldn't believe that when he said that.