Homer Announcers

Erick Blasco

Both of the Grizzlies' announcers suck, especially the guy with the southern accent (who is Micheal Oher's adoptive father). Neither can ever say anything bad about any player on the GRizzlies, and criticize the ref for every call, good or bad.

Both of the Grizzlies' announcers suck, especially the guy with the southern accent (who is Micheal Oher's adoptive father). Neither can ever say anything bad about any player on the GRizzlies, and criticize the ref for every call, good or bad.

Oh snap, that's tight.

I don't disagree with you at all, but you should try listening to a Cavs game for a few minutes. The color guy is mind numbingly awful and makes Drexler sound like Jeff Van Gundy---and Drexler's terrible.

JVG is meh so the comparison does little for me. He gets really [expletive]in annoying sometimes.

I think most can agree the Cavs guys should not have jobs they are that bad.

lol, if he's the guy I heard, he doesn't have a New York accent at all. If I know anything, I know that I've lived in Brooklyn for 17 years and I've never heard any native New Yorker talk like that. The way his vowels are pronounced (Raptahs) made me think he was from New England.

And why are the Knicks guys bad? The main color guy is Clyde Frazier. He's pretty simple and doesn't go completely in depth, but he's fair to both teams and doesn't root, at least not often. Sometimes he gets carried away with his vocabulary (confounding and astounding with their rebounding, swishing and dishing, driving and thriving, attacking the hoop with gusto), but I think it makes him fun.

Well considering the Raptors broadcast team consists of two New Yorkers and a Canadian guy, I fail to see how they have Boston accents. Like I said, Armstrong is from Brooklyn and Devlin is from Syracuse.

Whatever though, I'm not trying to say that you are wrong in what you heard. I don't really care what kind of accent you heard was, and I could be wrong and Jack Armstrong could have a Boston accent despite the fact that he is from Brooklyn. It doesn't really concern me one bit.

And I meant Rockets, not Knicks. I don't know why I, but I had Walt Frazier on my mind instead of Clyde Drexler.

JVG is meh so the comparison does little for me. He gets really [expletive]in annoying sometimes.

I think most can agree the Cavs guys should not have jobs they are that bad.

Jeff Van Gundy is the best color guy going in the NBA, and he's up there with Collinsworth and Herbstreet as the best color guy in any sport. You're allowed to be a little annoying when your analysis is spot on and you're so funny.

• Like 3

Jeff Van Gundy is the best color guy going in the NBA, and he's up there with Collinsworth and Herbstreet as the best color guy in any sport. You're allowed to be a little annoying when your analysis is spot on and you're so funny.

First off, being the best colour guy in the NBA is not much of an accomplishment. Bob Knight > any of those guys. Now, maybe a lot of my issue with him is how bad Mark Jackson is but Van Gundy seems to have a lot of moment that make you go, what the [expletive]. His annoyance with the foul out rule is one that always sticks out in my head. The Finals team is brutal and I have muted them on a number of occasions.

I hate Van Gundy and Jon Barry.

The Cavs announcers aren't that bad....whenever the Cavs get called for a foul, they actually admit where the foul was and explain it instead of always saying it was a bad call.

And the Cavs announcers are probably the only ones in the NBA who's catch phrases are printed on shirts and sold in the team store.

The Cavs announcers aren't that bad....whenever the Cavs get called for a foul, they actually admit where the foul was and explain it instead of always saying it was a bad call.

And the Cavs announcers are probably the only ones in the NBA who's catch phrases are printed on shirts and sold in the team store.

Chuck Swirksy had that in Toronto.

It's hard to speak against your home commentators, I understand. But even you have to admit the Cavs commentators are pretty [expletive]ty. The color commentator is very unprofessional and literally laughs and pokes fun at players who get injured on opposing teams at times.

Just because he did it in one case which I don't even remember doesn't mean much.....Austin Carr is one of the most knowledgeable and respectable person in Cavs history. It's not like they are like the Clipper commentators when they made fun of the Arab guy.

I haven't really paid much attention to Washington's commentators, but in that Wiz/Lakers game, they weren't really that bad, at all.

Yeah I hardly hear Chenier or Buckhantz say anything negatively about the opposing teams, even during the playoffs against CLE. I love watching the Wizards on CSN, they have a great crew and have been together for nearly a decade.

How can people hate Jeff Van Gundy!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

This makes no sense to me whatsoever!!!

Agreed, he's my favorite commentator. Very funny and knowledgeable. Although I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. :lol:

Edited by Bulletproof

Gus Johnson's orgasms towards the end of a close game really irritate me.

To each his own. Any big game should be called by him, Nantz, Musberger (though he's getting old), Marv Albert or Kevin Harlan

To each his own. Any big game should be called by him, Nantz, Musberger (though he's getting old), Marv Albert or Kevin Harlan

MUSBERGER?!?!?!

Jim Nantz is awesome, Greg Gumbel is really good as well. Albert and Harlan are awesome for NBA games.

Personally, I think Herbie the best color guy in all of sports.

And for people who follow ACC footbal games...Rick "Doc" Walker is by far my favorite color commentator of all time. He says the most hilarious things.

Edited by Flash

Musberger is good for College ball with Knight. That's why I'll take him, cause I'll take Knight any day of the week.

Idk Musberger borders on unbearable when he's announcing a Big 10 game. Bobby Knight is great.