DeMar DeRozan Injured

The things you see sitting around the concourse of the Air Canada Centre waiting to be summoned to Raptors practice.

Tuesday morning we witnessed DeMar DeRozan, in obvious pain from what looked like a bad right ankle, limp out the door, around the corner and into the elevator, leaning on team trainer Scott McCullough.

There is, of course, no word on the seriousness of whatever injury DeRozan suffered but he was putting weight on his legs as he hobbled downstairs.

McCullough was back in the gym about 30 minutes later.

The 20-year-old DeRozan is only one of two Raptors to have started each of the team’s first 45 games, Chris Bosh being the other. He’s averaging 8.2 points and 2.9 assists in 21 minutes this season.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/2010/01/a-little-news-on-an-injured-raptor.html

Hopefully he just rolled it or something and has a bit of a sprain. Those things hurt like a [expletive] when they first happen, but they usually are fine after about a week.

He hurt it coming down on Hedo Turkoglu's foot. Like I expected, he went up and landed on Turkoglu's foot which caused him to roll his ankle. He is unlikely to play tomorrow against Miami

[expletive] YOU HEDO! :angry:

Here's some more to the story:

Swingman DeMar DeRozan left Tuesday's practice early after rolling his right ankle. He stepped on Hedo Turkoglu's foot in a drill.

"He sprained his ankle [sunday] in a game and sat out most of yesterday's practice because of that," Raptors head coach Jay Triano. "He came back [Tuesday] and I think it's the other one."

"He's got two. I told him, ‘Hey, Demar, you've got to look at things positively: if you're going to have two ankle sprains you might as well have them at the same time. Get them out of the way."

Triano said he had not decided who would start in DeRozan's place if he cannot play Wednesday against Miami, but he did not shoot down the idea of starting Antoine Wright. He also brought up the possibility of Sonny Weems starting on his own.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/postedsports/archive/2010/01/26/raptors-derozan-suffers-ankle-injury.aspx#ixzz0dke7ikwd

There goes your Wade-stopper :D

He actually played really well against Wade in the first meeting at the ACC. I know that Wade scored 30 points and had 8 assists in the game, but he shot 41% from the field, which is his 12th worst shooting game of the season. I remember when DeRozan was guarding him he did a good job of forcing him into jumpers and limiting his penetration, but once Wright came into the game Wade was blowing by him off of the dribble like nothing.

From what I have heard on TV and read on other forums, it seems like Sonny Weems will be getting the start in place of DeRozan tonight (they want to keep Belinelli off of the bench due to the lift he has given the team over the past two games) and DeRozan isn't going to make the trip to New York either, so I would assume Weems will start again tomorrow night. If Weems [expletive]s the bed tonight against Miami, I would imagine that they will go with Antoine Wright instead.

[expletive]ty news. Then again, as long as Weems isn't chucking up jumpers then I'm alright with it as at least he has the athleticism and length to bother Wade a bit defensively (although I won't hold my breath).