Erick Blasco's NBA Gameplan Episode 3

Are you trying to make a case for Landry as Sixth of the Year? You only showed a segment which was all from the same game of him attacking Boone, and Lopez. You don't have him attacking STRONGER defenders but "taller" ones. Yes, he's got the quickness to attack and create separation from defenders but is that it?

Good stuff once again. I liked the pacing, it mostly felt smooth enough and flowed pretty well.

One thing I've noticed from Carl Landry's game is that he always, always looks to attack the basket when looking to score. He uses his aggression and footwork to get as close to the rim as possible before releasing the ball. A lot of players fall in love with the jumper or use a fadeaway jumpshot over the defender, but Landry's game is completely based on aggression and attacking, which I personally think is even better. First off, the closer you are to the basket, the higher the percentage of the shot. Second of all, you are more likely to create contact, draw fouls, and make and-1 plays, whereas in a jumpshot you either make or miss.

I liked your points on Yi's improvement with his indecisiveness and Detroit's messy offense that needs a better mix of players. No objections or anything that I can really think of at the moment other than good job on that. I look forward to the next episode :)

Are you trying to make a case for Landry as Sixth of the Year? You only showed a segment which was all from the same game of him attacking Boone, and Lopez. You don't have him attacking STRONGER defenders but "taller" ones. Yes, he's got the quickness to attack and create separation from defenders but is that it?

I don't exactly have Houston's entire video archive...

Good stuff once again. I liked the pacing, it mostly felt smooth enough and flowed pretty well.

One thing I've noticed from Carl Landry's game is that he always, always looks to attack the basket when looking to score. He uses his aggression and footwork to get as close to the rim as possible before releasing the ball. A lot of players fall in love with the jumper or use a fadeaway jumpshot over the defender, but Landry's game is completely based on aggression and attacking, which I personally think is even better. First off, the closer you are to the basket, the higher the percentage of the shot. Second of all, you are more likely to create contact, draw fouls, and make and-1 plays, whereas in a jumpshot you either make or miss.

I liked your points on Yi's improvement with his indecisiveness and Detroit's messy offense that needs a better mix of players. No objections or anything that I can really think of at the moment other than good job on that. I look forward to the next episode :)

Exactly, Landry puts so much pressure on defenses. They can never relax and assume he'll settle for a turnaround, he always puts defenders on their heels. If a defender isn't ready, he'll just turn and blow by him or spin around him. And he's a nasty finisher. He'll take a few jumpers too (though he's not a great shooter), but they're mostly when he's a safety valve at the elbow. He rarely faces up and shoots, it's always attack, attack, attack.

And Landry's always under control and comfortable in traffic. A lot of players always attack but they have no control of their bodies near the basket. Landry's very comfortable in traffic and in control when he attacks.

Thanks for the kind words!

I know, but you could have featured different defenders. Boone isn't really good and there's a reason why the Nets have only won 3 games.

Sixth man should do more than just "attack" the basket.

It's the only video I have of Landry. He scored 27 that game but a lot of his points came at the line or as the result of bad plays by the Nets. I try to do a segment involving three teams, and this was backed up from late December. Landry is an interesting player right now. I wanted to see what he did well. I said that it's too early to declare him as 6th man but that he's a definite candidate.

Great video. I like how you added humor about Carl Landry and the ref lol.

My favorite segment tho is the Detroit Pistons offense one. This is because you're pointing out something particularly bad about the team. As Laker fan, I don't really pay attention to what the other team does bad, but I pay alot more attention to what they do good. Basically you're pointing out something I never knew before. Now obviously that's interesting but the way you break it down is really clear and easy to understand. This was the same with the Milwaukee segment you did in your first episode. It's safe to say that your segments on team schemes are a favorite of mine.

Lastly and ultimately I may be in a minority, but I think the negatives should go with the positives to help weigh out opinions. It's great that you mention Landry's and Yi's positive attributes. But even though they're underrated I think people wanna see what brings them down as a player. You mentioned some with Yi, but I'd love some video evidence. I remember you showing some misses or mistakes that Oden did against the Spurs but how he prevailed in the end. It was good to see what to watch out for and what he needs to be working on. Just something that I wanted to share as a viewer.

I love it though. Keep it up, it's really good and getting better.

Also, I just finished watching your 2nd episode as I was about to post this one. I liked that analysis on Casspi. For this episode you were probably shortening the video length for viewing purposes. That is also a good thing to keep in mind.

Edited by GogglesNaproN

Great video. I like how you added humor about Carl Landry and the ref lol.

My favorite segment tho is the Detroit Pistons offense one. This is because you're pointing out something particularly bad about the team. As Laker fan, I don't really pay attention to what the other team does bad, but I pay alot more attention to what they do good. Basically you're pointing out something I never knew before. Now obviously that's interesting but the way you break it down is really clear and easy to understand. This was the same with the Milwaukee segment you did in your first episode. It's safe to say that your segments on team schemes are a favorite of mine.

Lastly and ultimately I may be in a minority, but I think the negatives should go with the positives to help weigh out opinions. It's great that you mention Landry's and Yi's positive attributes. But even though they're underrated I think people wanna see what brings them down as a player. You mentioned some with Yi, but I'd love some video evidence. I remember you showing some misses or mistakes that Oden did against the Spurs but how he prevailed in the end. It was good to see what to watch out for and what he needs to be working on. Just something that I wanted to share as a viewer.

I love it though. Keep it up, it's really good and getting better.

Also, I just finished watching your 2nd episode as I was about to post this one. I liked that analysis on Casspi. For this episode you were probably shortening the video length for viewing purposes. That is also a good thing to keep in mind.

You're right, usually I'll paint a more complete portrait of a player. Sometimes the more interesting thing is seeing what a player can do at his highest level. Seeing Yi more aggressive is the most interesting thing about his play because its an about face from his usual play. Illuminating his flaws wouldn't do too much. Same thing with Landry. I doubt too many people outside of Texas have seen him play more than a few times. I wanted to show why people were talking about him.

Some people want the length shorted, you're not the first person who proposed it. It'll be hard for me to focus on a player's strengths and weaknesses while also keeping the video short, but if need be I'll only talk about two subjects.

Thanks for watching the video, and the kind words. I really appreciate it.