2010 Sprite Slam Dunk Contest

Real Deal

• 2 weeks later...

Nate Robinson may skip dunk contest

Nate Robinson is nursing a groin injury, which may prevent him from competing in Saturday's dunk contest.

"He has to tell me how he feels," Mike D'Antoni said. "I have no idea how he feels. And if it bothers him, obviously the best thing to do is to rest it. But if he's OK to compete, it's a fun weekend and the NBA has asked him to do something and he's the defending [champion] -- so I can understand why he wants to. But he has to know his body and know what's best for him."

Real GM

• Owner

If Nate skips then would they cancel the 'dunk-in' and let both Gordon and DeRozan in?

I hope not. That would probably be even worse. Eric Gordon...excellent defender, good offensive player, not an amazing dunker.

• Owner

He's pulled off some sick in-game dunks, more explosive than creative...but once he went for the Statue of Liberty dunk, you could tell he has the flash to go with it...and that's what made guys like Vince and Dominique so great: explosiveness + creativity.

I've never been high on Nate. He's a glorified Spud Webb. The only dunk I can see Nate doing is jumping over players...and if Dwight didn't let him do that last year, Howard would've had the victory.

Shannon will win among those already entered. If LeBron gets in, he'll more than likely take it just based on the fact that he's LeBron, and he can throw it down harder than everyone else.

• Owner

Shannon Brown is using Bryant as a passer on one dunk, and using DJ Mbenga for another.

Actually...what if Mbenga "tried" to block Brown? What if the dunk was to posterize your teammate? That's never been done before, and that would be pretty sick. :o

I doubt that lol, I think he is just gonna jump over him. Posterizing a teammate wouldnt get you alot of points imo, it's way too simple. And I hope you werent being sarcastic.

I think they should count jumping over someone as posterizing... I mean, what if it happened in a game (eg. Vince Carter), shouldn't that be counted as a posterize?