Royal Rumble

BeeZee

• Owner

Because he went from being Flyin' Brian Pillman to Ric Flair. The only wins I've seen Edge get were due to his cheating, but even then, Ric Flair was a better cheater AND one of the greatest technical wrestlers to ever step in the ring.

When I see Edge, I still see a guy that belongs in a tag team. Scott Steiner decided to get ripped, mean, and just plain bad ass when he broke away from the Steiner Brothers...but I still see the same damn wrestler with Edge.

Edge getting wins due to cheating was probably because he's been a heel for so damn long. I think he's one of the better wrestlers in the industry, he's great on the mic and the crowd responds to him (whether they cheer him or boo the hell out of him). There's no way this guy still belongs in a tag team. Him & Christian splitting apart was the best thing that could have happened to either of them as they both have proven they have what it takes to be "big time" performers by themselves.

And for what it's worth, Edge entertains me more than Ric Flair ever did.

Edited by BeeZee

• Owner

I'm sure he's entertaining, but I just don't see how he actually wins matches. Hulk Hogan was never as entertaining as Chris Jericho, but we all know who the better champion was.

For me, it's just the lack of superstars now. Would today's Edge defeat a prime Sting? I hope they wouldn't throw that out there.

He probably doesn't belong in the tag team with Christian, but Edge is more of an Intercontinental champ, or a lesser belt, than he is an ideal world champ. That's just how I feel, anyways.

he wins matches because that is how he is booked lol. he is over with the crowd and has a solid gimmick. he is fun to watch and one of the hardest workers in the company. his singles career should be a gift from WWE for everything he did in those TLC matches. He takes it to a new level though and still performs and works hard