Paul Pierce To Miss 2 Months? UPDATE: Pierce Day-To-Day

I am watching SportsCenter on TSN right now, and I glanced at the ticker, which just so happened to "say" that Pierce may miss a significant amount of time with a broken left foot.

If this is true, how much of an impact will it have on the Celtics? They are already sliding a bit and this, combined with Garnett clearly hurting, could really send them into a downward spiral

EDIT: I just read on another forum that it could be 2 months.

EDIT #2: Just came across this:

Already reeling from a spate of injuries to key players, the Boston Celtics may have lost All-Star forward Paul Pierce for a significant period of time to a broken left foot, according to a league source.

The team does not know for sure if Pierce's foot is broken after X-rays taken Tuesday; more tests are scheduled. But it "looks that way," the league source said.

The Celtics are hopeful that even if the foot is broken that Pierce won't be out of the lineup for long. But they are not yet certain of that.

Pierce suffered the injury in the first half of Boston's 99-88 victory over Washington Monday night when he got tangled up with the Wizards' Caron Butler going for a loose ball. He said after the game that he thought he sprained the ankle but didn't believe the injury was serious.

The 32-year-old was averaging 18.9 points this season on 47 percent shooting, and was named to his eighth All-Star team last month.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/02/02/pierce.foot/index.html?rss=true&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nba%2FKGkm+%28NBA.com%3A+News%29

EDIT #3: Turns out Pierce is fine. God dammit! :angry:

BOSTON, MA - The Boston Celtics announced today that forward Paul Pierce suffered a strained left mid-foot during the first quarter against the Washington Wizards on February 1. He is currently listed as day-to-day.

Pierce, a 6'7" forward, has played in 41 games this season for the Celtics and is averaging a team-high 18.9 points. He is currently shooting a career-high 46.7% from three-point land and is ranked third in the NBA. The Kansas product netted a season-high 35 points against the Hawks on January 29.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/press_release/press020210-pierce-injury-update.html

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I'm going to be honest, I will be stoked if Pierce actually misses 2 months of action. Boston is undoubtedly going to be a weaker team without Pierce and that is something that obviously appeals to fans of the majority of teams in the East (no matter what they say).

If this means that the Raptors could manage to steal away an Atlantic Division banner from the Celtics, and home court in the first round of the playoffs, then fan-[expletive]ing-tastic.

I guarntee that the majority of Cav, Magic and Hawk fans feel the same way as I do as well, regardless of what they say.

Turns out Pierce is fine. God dammit! :angry:

BOSTON, MA - The Boston Celtics announced today that forward Paul Pierce suffered a strained left mid-foot during the first quarter against the Washington Wizards on February 1. He is currently listed as day-to-day.

Pierce, a 6'7" forward, has played in 41 games this season for the Celtics and is averaging a team-high 18.9 points. He is currently shooting a career-high 46.7% from three-point land and is ranked third in the NBA. The Kansas product netted a season-high 35 points against the Hawks on January 29.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/press_release/press020210-pierce-injury-update.html