Roy will practice today, hopes to play Saturday

http://media.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/photo/brandon-roy-111009jpg-a6a4228e59845d66_medium.jpg

Roy will practice today, hopes to play Saturday

--------------

"Brandon Roy said he hopes to play against the Los Angeles Lakers Saturday night, but he and the staff will exercise caution in making the final decision.

Roy will go through a more extensive practice today and then determine how his tender right hamstring feels after the practice.

"I've been going against trainers and stuff like that. (Friday) will be a good day to go against my teammates and try to make explosive moves to see if I can go out there Saturday," Roy said Thursday night. "(McMillan) said he's gonna bring everybody in (today) and then maybe have about five or six guys stay and run plays with me. Just for me to try and get back into the team mode and just give myself a good chance to see where I'm at."

Roy, who has not played in the Blazers' past nine consecutive games and 11 of the last 12 while recuperating from a strained right hamstring, said the hamstring felt good enough after a workout that he considered playing Thursday night against San Antonio. However, both Roy and McMillan decided another, more rigorous practice was needed.

"He's been doing some shooting for the last couple of days," McMillan said. "(On Friday), what we'll do is run him around in practice and run him through some sets. Maybe give him some three-on-threes."

====

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2010/02/trail_blazers_roy_will_practic.html