Possibility of a Boozer for Hamilton trade?

JWaLL

Talks continue between the Pistons and Jazz about a Carlos Boozer-Rip Hamilton trade. Hamilton didn't fit with Allen Iverson this season, and he won't fit with newly acquired Ben Gordon. In fact, Gordon has become Iverson. He has no conscience when taking shots.

From HoopsHype.com. I don't see why either team wouldn't take this trade. They both satisfy the needs of each others' teams.

If this goes down, then do the pistons start Boozer at center

Stuckey

Gordon

Prince

Charlie V

Boozer

-Thats a fairly decent lineup, but not much defense. Should be interesting seeing a whole new Pistons team.

Hoopsworld.meaning it isnt gunna happen.

Hoopsworld? It's from HoopsHype... :lol:

Most of those rumors usually end up becoming true. We'll see what happens here. It's a fact that the teams have discussed this trade, but there's no guarantee that it is going to happen.

Hoopsworld? It's from HoopsHype... :(

Most of those rumors usually end up becoming true. We'll see what happens here. It's a fact that the teams have discussed this trade, but there's no guarantee that it is going to happen.

Oh..my bad.

With Detroit's signing of Charlie, I don't understand why they would acquire Boozer...he's a great player and all but boy would that frontcourt be shooort.

Oh..my bad.

With Detroit's signing of Charlie, I don't understand why they would acquire Boozer...he's a great player and all but boy would that frontcourt be shooort.

I doubt he would actually start at center. Moving Charlie to the bench would make more sense.

I doubt he would actually start at center. Moving Charlie to the bench would make more sense.

Have to agree with him there, or possibly starting Charlie at the C would work as he is a legit 6'11"ner..

I think however this trade works out great for both parties.. Jazz would have a great player to work with Deron on screens etc.

Deron

Hamilton

Kirilenko

Millsap

Okur

--

Stuckey

Gordon

Prince

Boozer

Villinuava

Have to agree with him there, or possibly starting Charlie at the C would work as he is a legit 6'11"ner..

I think however this trade works out great for both parties.. Jazz would have a great player to work with Deron on screens etc.

Deron

Hamilton

Kirilenko

Millsap

Okur

--

Stuckey

Gordon

Prince

Boozer

Villinuava

Just because he has the size, doesn't mean he's a center. Charlie V would get abused day in and day out at center, it would not be pretty at all. He's more of a SF then a C. Boozer is the more logical option.

Deron

Hamilton

Kirilenko

Millsap

Okur

--

Stuckey

Gordon

Prince

Boozer

Villinuava

Ehhhh Charlie should never play center. He's got the size, but he's not a dominant (or semi-dominant for that matter) post player at all. Despite Boozer being shorter, I would put him at center over anyone else on the Pistons roster if he is, in fact, trade for.

Well then if you did that the Pistons would be a lottery team for years. Boozer would get [expletive] upon, he plays no defense and is undersized at the C. Wow at you thinking he is better at C then players like Amil Johnson or Antonio McDyess.

Well then if you did that the Pistons would be a lottery team for years. Boozer would get [expletive] upon, he plays no defense and is undersized at the C. Wow at you thinking he is better at C then players like Amil Johnson or Antonio McDyess.

No one said he was better than McDyess, but McDyess hasn't resigned with the Pistons yet so Boozer would be the best option for a starting center if this trade did happen.

Deron

Hamilton

Kirilenko

Millsap

Okur

--

Stuckey

Gordon

Prince

Boozer

Villinuava

I think they'd start Brewer at the three and use Kirilenko as a sixth man. You can do a lot in the halfcourt with that Jazz lineup, Sloan would love Hamilton's shooting. Rip has a bit of an ego though, I wonder how he and Sloan would coexist.

I think they'd start Brewer at the three and use Kirilenko as a sixth man. You can do a lot in the halfcourt with that Jazz lineup, Sloan would love Hamilton's shooting. Rip has a bit of an ego though, I wonder how he and Sloan would coexist.

I would have Brewer as the Sixth man and have Kirilenko as the starting three, but that's just me. I've always considered Hamilton a humble player, and not egotistical at all. :( He's quite a class act for an NBA player.