Beasley does not want to be traded

Poe

Miami Heat's Michael Beasley does not want to be traded

ATLANTA -- Rampant trade speculation has Heat forward Michael Beasley bracing for a potential move, but he believes he is best suited to remain in Miami.

Beasley repeatedly has surfaced as the Heat's most valuable asset who could be dealt by the Feb. 18 trade deadline to acquire Amare Stoudemire from Phoenix.

``If they decide to trade me, I don't want to go,'' Beasley said before Wednesday's game against the Hawks. ``Amare's a great player, so you understand whatever happens. You understand that it's a business. You just have to focus on your job.''

A Yahoo! Sports story published Wednesday quoted an anonymous source saying the Heat is Stoudemire's most aggressive suitor and has offered just about any combination of players with the exception of Dwyane Wade.

Riley has declined interview requests until after the trade deadline. Two league sources said Wednesday that the Heat's interest is neither as imminent nor as desperate as recent reports have suggested.

Source

I can understand why. He's been through a lot here in Miami. After watching him grow for the past couple years, I'd hate to see him go. He's become one of my favorite players on the team.

Also,

More info about the possible trade

Miami Heat president Pat Riley has emerged as one of the most determined pursuers of Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire, proposing several different packages that make available any of his players short of Dwyane Wade, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Heat have discussed several scenarios with the Suns, including packages that include combinations of young players (Michael Beasley, Dorell Wright) and expiring contracts (Jermaine O'Neal and Quentin Richardson) the Heat are also willing to part with their 2010 first-round draft pick.

"Nobody is pushing harder on this than Riley," one league source said.

League sources say the Suns are dubious the Heat can present the best possible package for Stoudemire, and aren't enamored with any of the combinations. Still, Miami is near, or at, the top of Stoudemire's preferred destinations and he would assuredly sign an extension to play with Wade there. Several suitors have been frightened away from seriously bidding on Stoudemire, because they don't want to give up valued assets for a short-term rental. The Suns are taking a gamble should they keep Stoudemire past the trade deadline.

Source

By the sounds of it, Riley is doing everything he can to try to snag Amar'e from the Suns. The Suns, however, don't sound interested in any of the offers, which is strange to me, actually. Wouldn't they want to solidify a future around Dragic and Beasley? Give both players a year or so, and it could turn out to be like their next Nash and Stoudemire.

-------------------------------------------------

Anyway, personally, I'm only for this trade if Beasley includes Richardson's expiring contract.

Wright and O'Neal just don't fit to me.

O'Neal because 1) his contract is too large and would require the Suns to send a number of players to match it, and 2) the Heat need a center at least for defensive purposes, and Amar'e is both undisciplined on defense and doesn't match up well against most centers, and 3) if Amar'e starts at center, then Haslem starts at PF, then the Heat won't have any quality back ups unless the Suns have one their willing to offer in the trade.

And Wright because 1) he's better than Q-Rich (not just a personal assumption, but from PER as well) and would be a great compliment to this team at the starting job if Q were included in the deal instead, and 2) Wright could be more important to this team's future if he chooses to resign, and 3) he's been in Miami for a long time (6 years) - most of the Heat fanbase wouldn't be in favor of seeing him leave (as well as Beasley of course, though Beas would be a requirement to be included for a deal to be made).