Boston Trading for Both Jamison & Butler?

Jammin

What chemistry issues are you referring to?

Jamison and Butler causing locker rooms problems? :lol:

Please, Jamison and Butler are one of the nicest players you will ever see, and take it from me who has been around these two guys for over 6 years.

And what if their minutes are lowered? Or even forced to coming off the bench? Some players say that they have a team-mindset, but that's not always the case.

And what if their minutes are lowered? Or even forced to coming off the bench? Some players say that they have a team-mindset, but that's not always the case.

Jamison and Butler aren't Iverson.

I'm sure they are sick of losing and are willing to accept lower roles to make the Celtics the best team in the league. Garnett, Pierce, Allen, and even Rasheed did. I'm sure they will too.

Jamison is a former sixth man of the year... He's at that point of his career where he wants to win, but he's too dedicated to the Wizards to request for a trade.

Caron knows his situation and understands he's in a slump, he's not a star anymore, and would embrace the bench role (though I doubt he will be coming off the bench, it would be Jamison if they were traded).

To say Jamison and Butler would cause problems in the locker room is flat out ridiculous.

Jamison and Butler aren't Iverson.

I'm sure they are sick of losing and are willing to accept lower roles to make the Celtics the best team in the league. Garnett, Pierce, Allen, and even Rasheed did. I'm sure they will too.

Garnett, Pierce, and Allen are still starting, and all of them are averaging close to their career minutes, except for Garnett who has dealt with injury issues. As long as they are winning and getting reasonable minutes, they are willing to compete for the prime goal.

As for Wallace, he was bound to get reduction in his playing time regardless, and actually, the bench role seems to have affected his game. Last year Wallace averaged 32.2 mpg and 10.9 shots attempted per game, 4.8 from three. This year, he's averaging 23.7 mpg yet 9.3 shots attempted per game, 4.6 from three. Even if it's due to strategy from Doc in contrast to Perkins banging in the post, Wallace is still getting roughly the same amount of shots he had in Detroit last year, which wasn't too far off from his 12.5 shot attempts per game career average in 33.4 minutes.

Jamison is a former sixth man of the year... He's at that point of his career where he wants to win, but he's too dedicated to the Wizards to request for a trade.

Caron knows his situation and understands he's in a slump, he's not a star anymore, and would embrace the bench role (though I doubt he will be coming off the bench, it would be Jamison if they were traded).

To say Jamison and Butler would cause problems in the locker room is flat out ridiculous.

You know them better than me, so maybe you're right. I was just recognizing it as a possibility, and I forgot about Antawn winning sixth man.

There would still be on-court issues, though. Maybe not due to egos and other chemistry issues, but just having the wrong mix of player abilities.

Edited by Poe

You know them better than me, so maybe you're right. I was just recognizing it as a possibility, and I forgot about Antawn winning sixth man.

There would still be on-court issues, though. Maybe not due to egos and other chemistry issues, but just having the wrong mix of player abilities.

How so? Jamison would be getting a ton of minutes (especially if Ainge was willing to deal out Glen for DJ Augustine). He fits the sixth man role perfectly. He's a stretch 4, but best of all, he has an excellent touch around the basket. It fits Doc's system.

The only thing missing is Ray's ability to stretch the floor, Butler is a horrible shooter now and very inconsistent with his mid range shot. They would make Pierce play more along the perimeter and have Caron penetrate more to the basket. If the C's were to bring in any star talent now, Butler and Twan would be the perfect fit.

How so? Jamison would be getting a ton of minutes (especially if Ainge was willing to deal out Glen for DJ Augustine). He fits the sixth man role perfectly. He's a stretch 4, but best of all, he has an excellent touch around the basket. It fits Doc's system.

The only thing missing is Ray's ability to stretch the floor, Butler is a horrible shooter now and very inconsistent with his mid range shot. They would make Pierce play more along the perimeter and have Caron penetrate more to the basket. If the C's were to bring in any star talent now, Butler and Twan would be the perfect fit.

You could be right about Jamison and his willingness to come off the bench. Problem is, there might not be enough shots for him. If it's not Jamison that will get the short end of the shot numbers, someone else will.

If the Celtics can give a deal that involves Rasheed Wallace and other expiring contracts other than Ray Allen or any other core players, it could work well for them. They don't need Caron, but Jamison off the bench could have some good results. Give KG minutes at both big positions, with Jamison as the bench combo forward and Perkins getting extra time at center.

Edited by Poe

You could be right about Jamison and his willingness to come off the bench. Problem is, there might not be enough shots for him. If it's not Jamison that will get the short end of the shot numbers, someone else will.

If the Celtics can give a deal that involves Rasheed Wallace and other expiring contracts other than Ray Allen or any other core players, it could work well for them. They don't need Caron, but Jamison off the bench could have some good results. Give KG minutes at both big positions, with Jamison as the bench combo forward and Perkins getting extra time at center.

Ainge isn't willing to throw away Sheed, I don't know why seeing as how worthless he is in the paint, but it probably has something to do with his experience in the playoffs.

Jamison doesn't need shots, there are games where he requests to be benched after missing a few shots straight. He's a respectable veteran, something this Celtics squad lives off of.

Ainge isn't willing to throw away Sheed, I don't know why seeing as how worthless he is in the paint, but it probably has something to do with his experience in the playoffs.

Jamison doesn't need shots, there are games where he requests to be benched after missing a few shots straight. He's a respectable veteran, something this Celtics squad lives off of.

I suppose I had the wrong impression of Jamison... with him being on the same team as Arenas and all. It's too bad he's had to deal with these problems the Wizards are facing. It would be a nice end to his career to go to the Celtics. His play off the bench might be able to help push that team to the finals.

If Sheed was included in the trade and out of the Celtics' offense, I think there could be plenty of shots to get him involved, even if he doesn't demand them. It's just the Ray Allen for Caron Butler part that I still don't understand.

Idk how I feel about the Celtics dealing Allen. I know P has been fire from 3 this year, but I still would prefer having both Pierce and Allen out there with Rondo as their 3 point shooting compliments Rondo perfectly. Celtics should just stand pat and focus on getting 100% healthy. They can still win the title with their roster, their biggest problem is probably just depth.