Yankees @ Twins and Angels (7/7-7/12)

Final six games for New York before entering the All-Star break. The Angels series will be the Yankees first series on the West coast.

CC Sabathia (7-5, 3.85) - Scott Baker (6-6, 4.99), 8:10 EST

AJ Burnett (7-4, 3.83) - Glen Perkins (4-4, 4.38), 8:10 EST

Looking back at our previous series with Minnesota, it's hard to believe that we swept the four game series with the way Mauer and Morneau crushed us. Despite the fact that it's in the Humphrey Metrodome this time, I think it will be easier for us to pitch to the two since everything won't necessarily be hit out.

We've been playing well. Our hitters have good numbers at the Metrodome, and it's shown tonight. CC's been working quickly and changing speeds, signs of a comfortable pitcher.

That was an amazing leaping catch by Carlos Gomez to take away an A-Rod grand slam a couple innings back.

A big portion of this game was decided by walks and errors. That, however, settled down in the later innings. Aceves' first and third innings were smooth and quick, with the second and fourth the exact opposite. I still think he has a good shot at being a starter with the job he did last September. If it doesn't work out, he's still very effective out of the bullpen. Another nice job by Hughes in the seventh and eighth innings. I suppose Robertson and Albaladejo were shaky since they weren't comfortable with the situation they were put in.

I'm shocked at Morneau's struggles in this series. He went 0-10 and took some unusual hacks in certain AB's.

We may have finished 7-0 against the Twins, but a lot of these games were still hard fought.

First 10:00 game of the season tomorrow, joy.

Tomorrow: Joba Chamberlain (4-2, 4.04) vs. Joe Saunders (8-5, 4.44)-10:05p EST

All four of Joba's wins have come on the road.

Saturday: Andy Pettitte (8-4, 4.53) vs. Jered Weaver (9-3, 3.15)-4:10p EST

If Pettitte continues his good start-bad start pattern, this should be a good start. Also, a lot of his struggles start with the long ball, which there shouldn't be so many of since we're not at Yankee Stadium.

Sunday: CC Sabathia (8-5, 3.70) vs. John Lackey (3-4, 5.18)-3:35p EST

A game like this really gets me furious. Two errors, including a dropped catch. Both of those hitters who reached on errors, came around to score, which always happens to us. We surrender two 3-run HR's, and you would think that Bruney would be a little more careful with Aybar, considering he had hit a ball right before that two feet shy of the pole.

I don't care how hard our offense fights, our pitching can't do this badly, we need to be able to pick up fielders after they make errors. And fastball location was thumbs down for us as well.

Oh and welcome back Molina. Good to see that he was using that arm to try and pick off runners several times.

Marte is on his way back.

I must say, beast play by Posada catching the ball with his bare hands after Figgins knocked his glove off.

This is great crowd support if, of course, you look at it from the Angels' perspective. You don't find this much dedication in a whole lot of stadiums.

Hinske homers in both of his first two games as a Yankee, and A-Rod comes through again. But, of course, after watching last night's game, 3-0 doesn't indicate anything yet. :(

And just when I thought I was over yesterday's loss.

And there's already been enough damage done. Will our pitching at least keep the score as it is instead of making it harder for our offense to get back in the game?

Bahhh Yankees pitching is bad! Wel see how CC does tomorrow, Joba and Pettite have been awful so far and our best 2 hitters are on the DL. Brandon Wood is going to be a great player, as you saw today he can hit for huge power.

CC has the job of stopping a sweep, just like he did in Boston. He almost did the job in Boston with 8 innings pitched and 3 runs surrendered, but it turned into a ND.

Congrats to A-Rod on passing Palmeiro for 10th all-time with 569 career homeruns.

We had five HR's yesterday, but it's a shame that 4 were only solo.

Is this the Hinske we'll be seeing consistently or is this just a hot start?

We're paying Tex and A-Rod to deliver in situations such as bases loaded no one out and they don't do it.

You'd never guess that the Angels had injuries.

We got swept in L.A. last year also. Shame.

Since 2005, our Yanks had a lot of trouble in Anaheim, that's 17 losses in 22 games there. :(

Since 2005, our Yanks had a lot of trouble in Anaheim, that's 17 losses in 22 games there. :(

So now we have two things to overcome, our struggles against the Red Sox and our struggles against the Angels in Anaheim.