Heat Owner says team is hoping to keep Beasley

Poe

Miami Heat owner says team hoping to keep Beasley along with Wade, Riley

Owner Micky Arison said the Heat is very active in trade talks, but he blamed the media for saying Michael Beasley is being shopped.

DALLAS -- The Miami Heat is heavily involved in trade discussions with multiple teams, but it is not inclined to deal forward Michael Beasley before Thursday's deadline.

Heat owner Micky Arison confirmed Saturday that Miami is in the middle of numerous proposals, but he denied that Beasley is being shopped in any of the deals being discussed.

``We've never put him out there,'' Arison said as he watched the East team practice for Sunday's All-Star Game. ``I know I've read about him being put out there. I can tell you this: We have not put him out there. The media has. We like Michael and see him as a part of our core going forward.''

Arison not only plans to see Beasley remain with the Heat, but also he envisions guard Dwyane Wade and team president Pat Riley sticking with the team beyond this summer.

Miami Herald

Wow, I thought the Heat were pursuing a trade including Beasley for Stoudemire because the articles said "nobody is pushing harder on this than Riley". Remind me to never believe any rumors about the Heat unless there are direct quotes from Pat Riley himself.

So Amare wants to play for us over Cleveland but we are not gonna offer Beasley? Guess what that means, Amare is gonna join up with Lebron and all hell will break loose. In order to stop that I don't really mind dealing Beasley lol.

Yea but if he goes to the Cavs and they do good, both Lebron and Amare will probably sign there, taking away two of our interests.

LeBron won't come to Miami this summer, no matter if the Cavs get Amar'e or not. He'll remain on the Cavs team for most or even all of his career.

Plus, I wouldn't want to pair Amar'e with Beasley, anyway. Two players who play the same positions, and I don't trust Amar'e to guard centers like Howard, Bynum, and Perkins.

Also, I'm perfectly content with Beasley remaining in the Heat's future. His upside is favorable for him to stay for a long time and be this team's franchise PF. He's also cheaper, which would leave room to sign a guy like Joe Johnson, who I believe has a realistic chance of leaving the Hawks.

And if Wade somehow leaves, though that is by no means an ideal scenario, Bease would at least be the Heat's back up plan, and he's a perfectly capable #1 option.