Dunk Contest for next year

Clutch

This year clearly sucked - not a single dunk got me half excited..personally im very disappointed because I felt this would be one of the most competitive dunk contests in a long time...and it was wasnt even close. But as Kenny Smith said..lets not panic just yet.

I think the NBA has to be smarter of who the pick and invite to the dunk contest. (I think they did a decent job this year..the contestants just didnt show up)

So basically what this thread is suggestions of players who you would like to see in the dunk contest..and feel can bring it back after this horrible experience in Dallas. Also if you guys feel the rules can be adjusted.

for the rules i personally believe HAVING to use another player is kinda stupid..it should be a choice - ive seen soo many ridiculous dunks on youtube..and most of them are done alone.

now for the players...

first and foremost lebron HAS to be in it..i repeat HAS to..the world has to make him feel uneasy to the point where he is forced to..i dont know why he is scared..he entered the skills challenge and lost that too..so hes used to losing anyways (nba finals, east conf. finals etc.)

this is my pool of contestants that need to be there:

- lebron

- wade (probably wont do it, but he is athletic enough to pull stuff off and if lebron is in it - it will only bring the crowd into it more)

- melo (same as wade)

- iguodala (he has to come back..he has a lot of dunks up his sleeve - he does dunk contest dunks in games lol..he always reminded me of vince carter)

- derrick rose (he's been in dunk contests before...he definitely has some dunks up his sleeve)

- michael beasley (a lot of people dont know how ridiculous of an athlete this guy is..he is an incredible dunker...been in contests before as well and was pretty good)

- last but not least the world needs to stop sleepin on this man..toronto had his back and showed him soo much love..made him noticed..but now he's hidden in a crowded team in cleveland...this man basically has TFB type dunks in his arsenal..that free throw line dunk that he screwed up because he had to use kapono for the pass..otherwise he can do it..people never beleive it but here is some proof - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Shxhh_rPzKw - watch from 0:45 thats when he talks about moon)

o and while moon was in toronto, one of my friends worked in air canada centre for a while..and he used to see them practice and what not, and he said he saw moon do a dunk where he basically goes up really high does a normal two-handed dunk and as soon as the ball comes out from the net he grabs it and windmills it on his way down

so ye... thats my 2 cents lol

Just wondering, but do players warm up before attempting their dunks? Some of the dunkers looked really flat out there yesterday.

The commentators said that they used to back in the day and actually tried. But they said that yesterday, they were all calm and didn't seem to care as much.

The commentators said that they used to back in the day and actually tried. But they said that yesterday, they were all calm and didn't seem to care as much.

They should run on a treadmill in the locker room right before the competition starts or something. Like after watching Crash miss a simple reverse dunk... I know he jumps WAY higher in games.

It would be nice to see them start doing the Dunk Contest once every two or three years instead of yearly. There is a limit to how many original dunks we can see and if they turned it into a bi-annual event then then anticipation alone would increase the value for the viewer. It could also push players to be more creative and innovative and hopefully push them to use less props and more natural skill.

http://burudani.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/060130_james_dunk_vmed5pwidec.jpg

+

http://www.dwighthowardclub.com/wp-content/uploads/dwight-howard-superman1.jpg

+

http://ryansarda.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/dwyane_wade1.jpg

+

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/02/09/kobebryant_narrowweb__300x497,0.jpg

Im serious, next year its in LA so they better do it right, someones got to save this contest. All these guys can do some really creative extraordinary dunks so lets see it.

Edited by kingfish

You dont think he can still do some sick dunks? Then your 100 % wrong.

He can do sick dunks, but nothing spectacular or original to get judges out of their seats due to his age. Now Lebron, Dwight, and Wade on the other hand would make a great dunking cast. Kobe? Not so much.

Edited by Bulletproof

Lol. Brilliant logic ;) .

And im sure you watch "plenty" Laker games, clearly you dont.

If you really think Kobe, who will be 32 at this point next year, can truly compete and wow the crowd with a sick dunk that could potentially surpass anything that the 20 year old VC or recent Dwight Howard have done, then you are a certified dickrider.