Los Angeles Expects NFL Team By 2011

The Regime

Boston Globe - Behind the efforts of Ed Roski and Majestic Realty, and with their “shovel-ready’’ proposed $800 million stadium in the City of Industry, Los Angeles leaders are resolute that they are closing in on a team.

“I strongly believe an NFL franchise will play in Los Angeles for the 2011 season,’’ said Majestic vice president John Semcken. “I’ve been working on this for 14 years, and it’s been a long road. I know we’re very, very close.’’

A team would play for two seasons in another stadium, either the Rose Bowl or Coliseum.

Real GM

thats a pretty cool stadium. id like to see them give LA a chance. im sure a team like the raiders(if they get rid of davis) or chiefs could get more support then they do now

That makes no sense at all, moving the Kansas City Chiefs when they have great fans.

This will not happen considering people don't want to drive through traffic, and they won't get a lot of fan support.

That makes no sense at all, moving the Kansas City Chiefs when they have great fans.

This will not happen considering people don't want to drive through traffic, and they won't get a lot of fan support.

its just an example. there are quite a few teams that would get way more support in LA then they do now.

and traffic? really? MSG has quite a bit of traffic and they seem to be doing ok. traffic has absolutely nothing to do with how much support a team will get

Yeah, I think it's going to happen. LA is like the biggest city in demand for a team, I'm sure they would receive tons of fan support.

No one in LA wants a team. Everyone in LA is already a Raiders fan. They talk about moving the Jaguars all the time, but the fact is, the people in LA do not want a team. They would rather go to a Trojans or Bruins game instead.

Guest The Situation

Hey guys, how are you saying things like its long overdue and that they deserve it?

They had 3 teams in LA in the past and failed. The fanbase was horrible as well as the teams and the teams then left.

4th time is a charm?

Why the heck would they try this out again?