Kobe vs. LeBron ONE on ONE

HornyWetPenguin

Kobe vs. LeBron ONE on ONE  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

Bryant is twice the defender. LeBron shows up, defensively, on weak-side blocks and steals in the passing lane. Problem is, there won't be a weak side in this game, nor will there be passing lanes.

Both healthy, Kobe takes him. This will happen for at least another year, also...but I don't expect it to be that way much longer.

Lol no way Kobe can beat LeBron 1 on 1. LeBron is just way to huge. Now LeBron has a 3 point shot to so Kobe would have to get right in his face and LeBron is a much better finisher than Kobe for pure simple fact that if he's in the paint the ball is getting dunk. Decent game but no way Kobe can beat LeBron.

• 3 weeks later...

Bryant is twice the defender. LeBron shows up, defensively, on weak-side blocks and steals in the passing lane. Problem is, there won't be a weak side in this game, nor will there be passing lanes.

Both healthy, Kobe takes him. This will happen for at least another year, also...but I don't expect it to be that way much longer.

Thank you! His block shots are usually coming from behind when someone aims for a layup. I give him credit for the hustling, though..

You guys are taking their personal skills in general not against them, Kobe might be good defensively but he cannot shut down LeBron, one on one usually comes down to who is more athletic and agile, and therefore I pick LeBron.

I beg to differ. There was a girl at my school picking guys apart one on one, and by no means was she more athletic or agile than any of them, nor stronger or taller.

Athleticism can play a factor, but skill ultimately wins the battle. That said, I pick Kobe.

I beg to differ. There was a girl at my school picking guys apart one on one, and by no means was she more athletic or agile than any of them, nor stronger or taller.

Athleticism can play a factor, but skill ultimately wins the battle. That said, I pick Kobe.

Yah but the girl at your school probably was just a lot better while Kobe and LeBron are the same calibre of players.

I dont think they defended eachother much, but I think LeBron would have the upper hand because of his physical ability.

I guess we should just agree to disagree on this physicality vs skill argument, cause it's all opinion-based until Kobe and Bron finally play one on one.

Kobe guarded Lebron for most of the time in 2 games last year. Lebron was shut down and shot like under 40 % I believe.

Kobe also had 4 other guys completely focusing on playing help defense on LeBron as well, which would not be possible in a game of one on one. It's not like it was Bryant shutting down James all by himself or anything like that. It was a team effort, just like when Pierce and Allen were defending Bryant in the Finals.

Lets be realistic here though, neither Kobe or LeBron would be stopping the other player more than 2 or 3 times in a game of one on one. With that much open space LeBron would be able to blow by Kobe whenever he wanted to without having to worry about help rotating over. On the other side of the coin, Kobe would have LeBron on his heels the moment he touched the ball and would be able to do basically whatever he wanted with the ball.

If you ask me, whoever gets the ball first would win the game, especially if you were playing "Make it, Take it".

• Owner

Kobe's defense on LeBron last season (in both games) was probably a top three I've seen anyone guard him, ever. And there wasn't much help. Phil doesn't allow anyone else to roam, defensively, and he jumps down their throat when they do. There were many instances where Bron took Bryant down into the post, and Kobe contested every shot, and was on him like a hawk on the perimeter as well.

It's a reason why I don't understand Phil letting Artest get blown off the perimeter with LeBron. This season, LBJ would rather take guys like Artest off the dribble, and honestly, I feel Kobe would've done a better job.

Either way, Kobe has more offensive skills, and it's not even close. Defensively, Kobe is the better on-ball defender, LeBron the better help defender...but the gap favors Bryant.

It wouldn't be a debate if you left it at that, but LeBron's rebounding and finishing at the rim gives him more of a boost, and that's why I would say that, while Kobe is still the better overall player, LeBron is finally right behind him.