Heat looking for a third team

Real Deal

• Owner

...according to Chad Ford.

The Miami Heat remain very interested in Stoudemire and are trying to find a third team to help improve their offer to Phoenix. Though Amare is amenable to going to Cleveland, Miami is his first choice.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/13214/is-cleveland-big-enough-for-amare-and-shaq

So maybe they are trying to keep Beasley after all? I wonder if they are talking to Houston...

I still wonder how well Beasley and Amar'e can co-exist, and Amare's ability to guard elite centers for a team that puts defense above everything.

Well, if Riley continues to pursue this trade anyway, aside from Beasley, at least the three main guys I hope he doesn't trade are: Wade (duh), Haslem, and Wright.

Wade for obvious reasons.

Haslem because he's been on this team for so long, he's very loyal, and he and the Heat have done so much for each other. That, and his willingness to do whatever it takes for the better of the team, even if it means a lesser role for himself... I'd be very disappointed to see him go.

Wright because of his unique upside. The Heat have spent 6 years developing him, and to throw away all that talent just to watch him blossom elsewhere, it simply wouldn't be a smart move. According to PER, Wright is already the 4th best player on this team behind Wade, O'Neal, and Beasley, and his game will only continue to grow as the year goes on. Riley should really consider him as a part of the core on this team.

Edited by Poe

• Owner

Yeah, I'm thinking if it's not Beasley, the trade will include Wright or Haslem. It may be the reason why a deal hasn't happened yet. You know the Heat need to make one, but I'm not sure WHAT they are thinking at this point. I'm definitely against trading Beasley, though. I think that's a big no-no, especially for a guy who may not stick around after three months of playing.

Yeah, I'm thinking if it's not Beasley, the trade will include Wright or Haslem. It may be the reason why a deal hasn't happened yet. You know the Heat need to make one, but I'm not sure WHAT they are thinking at this point. I'm definitely against trading Beasley, though. I think that's a big no-no, especially for a guy who may not stick around after three months of playing.

They won't trade Beasley. I'm almost guaranteed on that.

Haslem would be a tough loss, but I can actually see it happening. It would free up more time for Beasley and Amare. I'd still REALLY hate to see him go, though.

I'm not denying Wright as a possibility. He's actually more likely to be traded than Haslem. Thing is, I don't think people realize how good this kid can become. He almost had a triple double the other night against Houston. Had he gotten more minutes, he probably would have gotten it. He's a great all around player who is both a feeder and a creator, and compliments Wade's game so well. Hopefully he'll be in the starting line up after the all star break (if not traded away..).

On the Heat's side, the much more favorable players to trade other than O'Neal are Q-Rich, Cook, Jones, Magloire, Arroyo, and maybe even Chalmers. Problem is, none of them are attractive pieces, unless the other teams are willing to take a chance at Cook and Chalmers, or even thinks Jones is as valuable as his contract, or if they are in a real need for a big body like Magloire.

Whatever happens, I just hope none of the trades include Haslem OR Wright. I think most Heat fans can agree with me there.

Whatever happens, I just hope none of the trades include Haslem OR Wright. I think most Heat fans can agree with me there.

You can't expect to get a good player without giving anything of value, Dorrel Wright is an extremely small price to pay if it leads to you landing Amare or Jamison.

• Owner

Yeah, I just read the article about Arison not wanting to deal Beasley. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if it is Haslem packing his bags, even after all of the years he's put in for the Heat.

Business is business.

You can't expect to get a good player without giving anything of value, Dorrel Wright is an extremely small price to pay if it leads to you landing Amare or Jamison.

You underestimate Wright's upside. He needs to be kept as part of the core of this team moving forward.